To rebuild, or not to rebuild, that tis the question.....

• Long time lurker....first time poster.

Backstory. So my first iteration was a NUC with OE. I then moved over to LE. I am using the Aeon MadNox skin which is pretty resource intensive. Since moving over the LE, I have had some issues with the skin. Not pointing a finger, as the skin is a WIP, and currently they are only developing for Krypton. So, since this is a major version upgrade, I was wondering if it may be worthwhile to just start fresh. I have a backup, so I can "upgrade" back if need be. What say ye? Tis a far far better thing.....

Poirot

• A hard reset would delete your settings and addons as it will format your storage partition.
    You can just do a fresh(new) install using a USB stick or SD card, then if necessary restore your settings/addons using your backup file which you should copy/move to an external media(USB...) before.

• Thanks for the assistance. I inadvertently did a 'spring clean' install after updating the bios on my NUC. Took a bit longer than I had planned, but everything is fresh and pretty snappy, even with the skin. Great work guys!

Poirot