LibreELEC 8.0.0 build with Wolfson/Cirrus Logic audio card drivers

• I've uploaded a LibreELEC 8.0.0 build with Wolfson/Cirrus card drivers

RPi: LibreELEC-RPi.arm-8.0.0-HiassofT.tar
    RPi2/3: LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.0-HiassofT.tar
    Source: GitHub - HiassofT/LibreELEC.tv at 8.0.0-cirrus

Support for the Wolfson/Cirrus card is now also included in the LibreELEC master branch (which will become LibreELEC 9.0) and in Milhouse testbuilds.

These 8.0.0 builds are plain LibreELEC 8.0.0 code with backports from LibreELEC master (newer RPi kernel with Wolfson/Cirrus driver plus the config scripts package). I've also included the bcm2835 DMA splitting fix which was present in kernel 4.4 but got missed in kernel 4.9, this should resolve clicking noise when playing back 192kHz audio.

If you are upgrading from OpenELEC or LibreELEC 7.0.2 or earlier please note that the method to setup custom mixer configurations has changed. The udev rule will no longer work, custom configurations are now handled via /storage/.config/rpi-cirrus-config.sh

Detailled installation and configuration instructions are on my website: "HiassofT" LibreELEC RPi builds

so long,

Hias

• Hi Hias,

Carrying on from the 7.03 thread...

I've installed RPi2/3 LE version 8.00 as an upgrade to the 7.03 version. I changed the new default skin back to Confluence, so I didn't have to learn my way around the new interface. After that it worked fine!

Initial findings regarding the DMA fix:

After the upgrade, the audio config was already set to 'fixed' at 96kHz - files with all sampling frequencies played fine.

Changing to 'fixed' at 192kHz didn't work at all initially, even after rebooting - files just wouldn't play.
    Changed back to 96kHz then back again to 192kHz, rebooting each time, and normal playback resumed. No clicks or chopped signals heard so far, so your DMA fix seems to have worked.

Not sure what was going on at first there, but will investigate more tomorrow if necessary.

Thanks again for your invaluable work on the Rpi/CLAC.

Cheers

John

Edited once, last by JohnnyL (February 22, 2017 at 9:59 PM).