[Solved] Wrong time and date when a using VPN

• Hi guys

I am running the latest beta of libreelec on a pi2 but have an issue. I have the pi going over a VPN which is set on the router using openvpn. For some reason it will not get the correct time and date and always defaults back to the 4.49pm 8th Feb 2017. If I turn off the VPN then it works correctly. I have several other devices including a nvidia shield running Kodi 17 going through a VPN and these all work okay.

I have tried inputting pool.ntp.org to the timeserver but it still won't work. I have also tried resetting libreelec back to defaults. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Many thanks

Edited once, last by Rob77 (February 20, 2017 at 6:58 PM).

• I can't see why it always defaults to "4.49pm 8th Feb 2017" as the RPi uses fake-hwclock so the time is set to the last shutdown.

Logs would certainly help. dmesg and journalctl - post the urls from the paste output.

Have you tried pinging pool.ntp.org from the RPi?

• Hi Iridium

Thanks for the reply. I did try pinging pool.ntp.org and it did work which baffles me. I found out the problem was the server I was connected to. I have now changed VPN servers and it's working as it should.

Cheers