Passthourgh via toslink?

• So I've always used HDMI from my devices to my Denon AVR, to my 4K30hz TV. Now I'm looking at 4K60hz TV to replace it, but my Denon only supports HDMI 1.4, so it won't pass 60hz video, so I'm curious how well does audio passthrough via toslink work in Libreelec. I have a lot of ripped DVD's and blurays on my network that I watch with DTS, DTS-Master Audio, etc, etc to listen with my Denon 6.1 speakers, so I want to retain that. Since I'm not buy a $40 cable at best buy and Amazon won't have one here till next week, just curious how well it works.

Thanks.

• So I've always used HDMI from my devices to my Denon AVR, to my 4K30hz TV. Now I'm looking at 4K60hz TV to replace it, but my Denon only supports HDMI 1.4, so it won't pass 60hz video, so I'm curious how well does audio passthrough via toslink work in Libreelec. I have a lot of ripped DVD's and blurays on my network that I watch with DTS, DTS-Master Audio, etc, etc to listen with my Denon 6.1 speakers, so I want to retain that. Since I'm not buy a $40 cable at best buy and Amazon won't have one here till next week, just curious how well it works.

Thanks.

I have not personally tested toslink on amlogic but know that HD audio (dts-ma, Dolby true hd, etc) cannot be passed through toslink (s/pdif) for lack of bandwidth. Only AC3 (dd) and DTS.