Other services: OpenHab

• Official Post

There is no apt-get on LibreELEC so you can forget that option. Your choices are a) develop your own OpenHab add-on using the existing add-ons in our repo as a template (if you have developer skills and can figure out our build system) .. or b) find an aarch64 compatible OpenHab docker container. I'm not sure if wrxtasy has compiled the docker add-on for his C2 LibreELEC 7.0 builds, but it should be available for LibreELEC 8.0 alpha builds in the near future.

• There is no apt-get on LibreELEC so you can forget that option. Your choices are a) develop your own OpenHab add-on using the existing add-ons in our repo as a template (if you have developer skills and can figure out our build system) .. or b) find an aarch64 compatible OpenHab docker container. I'm not sure if wrxtasy has compiled the docker add-on for his C2 LibreELEC 7.0 builds, but it should be available for LibreELEC 8.0 alpha builds in the near future.

I want to build an addon for libreelec - but i am missing out some information.

I tried - but found out nothing about addon development:

- Go to Homepage -> Contribute Contribute – LibreELEC
    - Go to Wiki -> Addons Add-ons - LibreELEC

Please give me some kickstart.

• GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI <= our collection of prior art

Add-on development is one of those things where the chances of success are proportional to the amount of help you need to ask for. The build system has a ton of existing packages. It's probably missing a few things needed for OpenHAB to work, but the structured format for a package is documented in packages/addons and that's really all the help we can offer - unless you have specific Q's about compiling/linking.

The lack of documentation is partly deliberate as it acts as a noise filter. My 5+ years experience with LE/OE shows developers who will succeed at the task might ask for a few pointers but existing content is all they need to create something. The developers who seek tutorials and how-to guides are missing the skills to succeed and usually end up asking us to write things for them, which we're not really staffed for.