complete noob, help with LE, Pi, VPN Setup please

• Hi Guys,

I have for the first time today just bought a RPi 3 complete with a Kodi card setup for LibreElec. I have never tried this stuff on my computer etc either. It all seemed ok and thru web tutorials i have managed to get exodus installed and this seems to be super awesome! and I can stream a few bits n pieces here and there.

Troble is since I live back of beyond in nz my internet connection is not up to streaming very well, so I want to download instead. I found out how to do that but I guess I need/should protect myself with a VPN first?

I see PIA is reccomended and I am happy to sign up for this, but for the life of my I cant figure out how to get this running on my Pi under LE? Can someone please help? I cant find good intructions anywhere for this?

I got the metalkettle repos and tried to install "VPN for OpenElec" like I seen in some tutorials, and this intalled but does not seem to work? when I select "Setup Private Internet Access" I get the error "VPN for OpenElec error" and it doesnt work.....

So anyone out there have the patience and ability to help a complete Noob make downloads safe?

Would it be better to setup somehow the PIA and downloads on my Windows10 Laptop and then just move the files onto my thumbdrive into the PI box? If so how would I go about this?

Thanks so much in advance for your help

B

• Firstly, this forum the official Kodi or Openelec forum, do not allow talk about the addons you mention. But for more info on vpn I would try google.

I found this fairly easily how-to-use-pia-on-openelec-with-kodi-previously-xbmc