S905 2GB/8GB problem

• I bought this S905 box, it has 2GB memory (I can see in Android) but if I use gxbb_p201_2G.dtb then the box cannot boot with LE (it stucks at the S905 boot logo)
    If I use gxbb_p201.dtb then the box boots and works (LAN and wifi OK) but with ony with 1 GB memory. The two dtb differs only in one bit.
    I tried with 009, 010, 011, 012h, 012h_tsd and 7.95 beta6 tsd versions with the correspondent dtbs (009 and 010 has only 1GB dtb for p201) with the same result.
    I also tried other dtbs for p200: The box can boot with the 1GB dtbs (but no LAN and wifi works) and cannot boot with the 2GB dtbs.
    Same result with the default dtb.
    The normal and the tsd versions are the same, the temp sensor works on the device if I use the normal version of LE.
    The device is not rooted.
    Could you help me to make a working dtb for this device?
    What file do I have to provide from the android?

Edited once, last by Pelican (February 20, 2017 at 8:21 AM).

• Obviously your box has only 1GB of RAM.

As I wrote I can see the 2GB RAM in android, it's about 1.3 GB free after the system started.
    I opened it and took a picture from the pcb

I see 2 Hynix H5TQ8G63CMR chip on the right. It is 2x8 Gbit, isn't it?

Edited once, last by Pelican (February 20, 2017 at 8:20 AM).

• I have a S805 box that shows 1GB in Android and has 2x512MB RAM chips on board but in reality only 512MB of RAM works and Android firmware fakes logs and visible RAM amount. This is to show how far there factories can go to save a few $$ on RAM.

The "default" dtb contains 4 device trees: 1GB/2GB, S905/S905X. If you leave default device tree on SD card, it's bootloader that chooses device tree depending on RAM amount and device type. The most obvious sign that you have only 1GB RAM is that when you use default DTB, the u-boot picks device tree with 1GB RAM. So either you need to flash a proper firmware that initializes your 2GB properly or you have fake RAM.

• I have a S805 box that shows 1GB in Android and has 2x512MB RAM chips on board but in reality only 512MB of RAM works and Android firmware fakes logs and visible RAM amount. This is to show how far there factories can go to save a few $$ on RAM.

The "default" dtb contains 4 device trees: 1GB/2GB, S905/S905X. If you leave default device tree on SD card, it's bootloader that chooses device tree depending on RAM amount and device type. The most obvious sign that you have only 1GB RAM is that when you use default DTB, the u-boot picks device tree with 1GB RAM. So either you need to flash a proper firmware that initializes your 2GB properly or you have fake RAM.

OK, thank you. Then it's probably a fake RAM.
    But with the default dtb the box doesn't start at all.
    [hr]
    The free command says it is 775 MB total... :(

Edited once, last by Pelican (February 13, 2017 at 10:53 AM).