TVheadend client disables on reboot...

• TVheadend service is running and can access the web interface to configure. However, the frontend client will not stay enabled so TV service does not run in Kodi.

Also - if possible, could the TVheadend addon be compiled from the latest code? The ATSC EPG grabber works on the last Milhouse version for OE 4.1-1724.
    [hr]
    After uninstalling and reinstalling the TVH addons - they are now staying enabled and TV is working.

As for the updated addon - totally understand if we need to wait for the official TVH 4.2 release. Maybe someone will eventually write a front end configuration program for TVH that can be used within Kodi!

Edited once, last by edit4ever (March 29, 2016 at 8:40 PM).

• Tvh 4.1/2 is already at the work to get pushed to the repo.

- rewrite of the defaults (some of them failed at oe since years)
    - transoding for generic
    - a lot buildfixes

At the moment some build problems are show stopper.

• TVheadend service is running and can access the web interface to configure. However, the frontend client will not stay enabled so TV service does not run in Kodi.
    After uninstalling and reinstalling the TVH addons - they are now staying enabled and TV is working.

Hi

I have the same issue with the frontend being disabled every time i try to enable TV in TV Settings. I've tried several versions and reinstalls to no avail.

Libreelec 7.0.0
    Backend: Tvheadend 4.2 (4.1.1943 from test)
    Frontend: Tvheadend HTSP Client 2.2.15
    DVB-T tuner: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick
    Raspberry Pi 2

The backend is working (after updating to 4.1.1943) and I can see live TV using my TvhClient app on my iPhone.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Morten

I have the same issue with the frontend being disabled every time i try to enable TV in TV Settings.

I found the following worked for me - although sometimes it took a few tries:

• Enable the frontend
    • Restart the system
    • Enable the TV settings
    • Check frontend to see if it is enabled - if not enable
    • Restart the system

Seems weird - but there's something about the TV settings enable button that kept disabling the Tvh htsp addon when activated.

Hope it helps!

• I found the following worked for me - although sometimes it took a few tries:

• Enable the frontend
    • Restart the system
    • Enable the TV settings
    • Check frontend to see if it is enabled - if not enable
    • Restart the system

Seems weird - but there's something about the TV settings enable button that kept disabling the Tvh htsp addon when activated.

Hi Edit4ever

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it several times, but it seems that the reception it not stable even with the custon server as described. This is possibly (one of) the reason(s) that the client is always disabled.

I switched to my old (slow) RPi 1 and in this case your trick helped me. I will use this setup for now, and wait a while to see if things improve on the RPi 2. I'm using a powered usb hub, but i wonder if I should try another...

Best regards
    Morten

Edited once, last by mfo (May 1, 2016 at 1:11 PM).

• This is a Kodi problem and is hopefully finally fixed at Kodi 17.
    You can increase your odds if you enable "wait for network" at the LibreELEC Settings Addon.

Thanks CvH - much appreciated. I will try this setting.

New hub and 2.4 Amp power supply ordered. Will watch for a Kodi 17 release and try again.

• Thanks CvH - much appreciated. I will try this setting.

New hub and 2.4 Amp power supply ordered. Will watch for a Kodi 17 release and try again.

Sharing my experiences on RPi2 and TvHeadend...
    I tried fiddling with the delay settings as CvH suggested. Still unstable DVB-T reception.
    I added a more capable USB hub and power supply. No change.
    I switched to Milhouse' latest Kodi 17 testbuild #0513 (LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) this gave me stable reception and so far full functionality (apart from one crash).

Edited once, last by mfo (May 14, 2016 at 9:45 AM).

• hmm then it could be a driver/kernel problem not sure :/ You could try my LibreELEC build if you want 7.0 (Media_Build - has the backported drivers).
    Also it could be a RPi problem - not sure where to look.

Hi CvH

I'm inclined to stick with the mentioned test build - since it works ;)

I did note, however, what may be a significant change: the TvHeadend client is a major version number newer.

TvHeadend Client 3.3.1 (was 2.2.15 with LE 7.0.0)
    TvHeadend server 4.1.1945 (was your test version 4.1.1943)

Best regards
    Morten