Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Hi Niabi,
    thought you to emulate ps2 with Pcsx2 ?

No, PS2 will not work, will never work on a S905. It barely works on a high end PC.

Before anyone keeps asking. These will NEVER work on a S905:

Gamecube
    Wii
    Wii U
    PS2
    PS3
    3DS
    and probably anything newer than N64.

These will MAYBE work (someday)
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo DS
    And probably anything older than N64.

• Hi tested your image on wetek play 2 and it works very well. Its a shame the wetek dvb driver is not included to watch satellite tv on kodi as that would be perfect for us wetek play owners.

Just wondering if its possible to copy over your setup of emulation station and retroarch to the weteks own version of kodi ?...may be as a tar package or through ftp

cheers

• Hi tested your image on wetek play 2 and it works very well. Its a shame the wetek dvb driver is not included to watch satellite tv on kodi as that would be perfect for us wetek play owners.

Just wondering if its possible to copy over your setup of emulation station and retroarch to the weteks own version of kodi ?...may be as a tar package or through ftp

cheers

It should be possible but I don't have it setup to be an add-on and unfortunately I do not have a Wetek play 2 to test it, but if you give me the link to the source code (github?) for the build you are using, I could make a build that you could test. is it Raybuntu's build?

Edited once, last by niabi (March 23, 2017 at 7:02 PM).

• It should be possible but I don't have it setup to be an add-on and unfortunately I do not have a Wetek play 2 to test it, but if you give me the link to the source code (github?) for the build you are using, I could make a build that you could test. is it Raybuntu's build?s

Hi yes Raybuntu and Codesnake create builds for wetek play 2.

Raybuntu has various builds but I find Krypton the most stable.
    Releases · Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

cheers

• Sorry for my newbie question but just after a little help, running from sd card which is working well but don't know how to setup emulator station. I get to the section to map controller which is successful but I just get a screen with an n64 backdrop. Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

• Sorry for my newbie question but just after a little help, running from sd card which is working well but don't know how to setup emulator station. I get to the section to map controller which is successful but I just get a screen with an n64 backdrop. Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

you need to copy your roms files to /storage/roms each system has a different folder, e.g for NES you put your rom files under the /storage/roms/nes directory.

you can also put them all in a USB stick, create a roms folder with a file called sx05reroms and place the roms under their corresponding folder for each system and reboot the s905 device.

USB / roms /
    sx05reroms
    nes/
    snes/
    megadrive/
    n64/

hope that helps.

• Yeah, thanks from me too! Btw, did anyone find a shader which actually works with Retroarch on a S905X (Nexbox A95X in my case)? I'd just like a simple CRT effect but it seems that my box is wayyyyy too slow for that. Best case scenario so far is that screen updates "only" drop to 2fps...

• Yeah, thanks from me too! Btw, did anyone find a shader which actually works with Retroarch on a S905X (Nexbox A95X in my case)? I'd just like a simple CRT effect but it seems that my box is wayyyyy too slow for that. Best case scenario so far is that screen updates "only" drop to 2fps...

If you want scanlines you can use overlays, I usually set the RPI 1080p scanlines with a 0.15 opacity and they look very good. Or you can also test the scanline shader thats under misc, but it only works with integer scaling.

for real CRT effects, there is a shader that mimics the SNES under a crt I think its called SNES composite, but I am not sure, and that one worked fine, but I personally don't like those effects.

• If you want scanlines you can use overlays, I usually set the RPI 1080p scanlines with a 0.15 opacity and they look very good. Or you can also test the scanline shader thats under misc, but it only works with integer scaling.

for real CRT effects, there is a shader that mimics the SNES under a crt I think its called SNES composite, but I am not sure, and that one worked fine, but I personally don't like those effects.

I actually like those effects as long as they are not over-the-top. Some take it pretty far with trying to emulating a CRT's curvedness, color-bleeding and such. But in the end it's the scanlines that are most important to me so I will have a look at those overlays, so far I only knew about the shaders.

• I actually like those effects as long as they are not over-the-top. Some take it pretty far with trying to emulating a CRT's curvedness, color-bleeding and such. But in the end it's the scanlines that are most important to me so I will have a look at those overlays, so far I only knew about the shaders.

Yeah what I meant is that I don't like all of those things to make the image look like a low res CRT. I love scanlines and I usually always have them on using the overlays .

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by niabi (March 27, 2017 at 9:37 AM).

• Thank you I look forward to it :)

I've made the image, but it has some Libretro cores missing that I cannot compile on aarch64:

fuse-libretro, lutro, ppsspp (The standalone works fine) beetle-pcfx and picodrive.

here is the link: Dropbox - LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.0-devel-20170327143124-r25613-g97f4fad.img.gz

Please note that I have not tested this, so please test it on an SD card, also, do not update the cores from the "core updater" menu as they will break the ones installed.

Edited once, last by niabi (March 27, 2017 at 10:41 PM).