RPi3 Wifi Disconnects (7.95.2)

• Hello all,

I recently switched from OSMC to LibreELEC and installed v7.95.2. Additionally, just to mention it, I attached a USB DVB-S2 device and configured tvheadend. Everything was fine. A few days ago, I could configure tvheadend completely via the web frontend. But yesterday, the RPi was suddenly not reachable anymore. It was disconnected from the wifi network and didn't reconnect again. A reboot brought up wifi again but only for some minutes. Then again it was disconnected.

I really don't know what has happened here. Wifi was, at least with OSMC, very reliable and until yesterday with LibreELEC, too. I did some experiments with recording/playing from DVB-S2 because I never did this with Kodi before. I experienced sometimes high CPU temperatures (between 70 and 80 °C). Also I noticed, that the two USB memory sticks (for music/video and for tv recordings/timeshift) are something between warm and hot (but this might have been always the case). But I don't think that these temperatures can cause the wifi problems?

So, are there any known problems with the builtin wifi chip? What might be the problem here?
    When I'm back at home, I could look for log files to upload (which one?). But perhaps this is a known issue?

Thanks a lot
    Martin

• So, are there any known problems with the builtin wifi chip?

The internal WiFi from the RPi3 isn´t the best. It´s recommended to get some dedicated USB WiFi dongle.

If you faced the issues after you have plugged in the DVB-S2 dongle, try to remove that to see if that affects the WiFi connectivity.

• The internal WiFi from the RPi3 isn´t the best. It´s recommended to get some dedicated USB WiFi dongle.

If you faced the issues after you have plugged in the DVB-S2 dongle, try to remove that to see if that affects the WiFi connectivity.

Could it be that I have to set the country code (or region or how it is called) in order to enable wifi channels 12 and 13? See here. But I don't know how I can check or set this in LibreELEC...

Edited once, last by beedaddy (February 10, 2017 at 5:23 PM).