Beta 7.95.2 on PI 3 green LED (SD-Card Activity) malfunction

• Hello dear community, I'm quiet new to the RPI and LibreElec/Kodi, however, I have a problem with the latest release, running it on my 'naked' PI 3.

When I power on the PI, in the past three months (until release 7.95.1) , the following happened:
    - red led went on
    - green led was flashing
    - Display went on, displaying the "startup-screens" (LibreElec-Version and Krypton-Logo)
    - Kodi was ready -> red led was constantly on, green led was flashing frequently

After the update on 7.95.2 the following happens:
    - red led goes on
    - green led flashes exactly once
    - display is showing a multi-coloured-square for a few seconds
    - then booting starts as used , displaying the "startup-screens" (LibreElec-Version and Krypton-Logo)
    - Kodi is ready
    however the green activity LED is completely off and only turns on (flashing some times) when I shutdown the system.
    Kodi seems to be working as usual.

I removed all USB-Devices, the LAN cable > same symptoms
    I did reset the system to default values > same symptoms
    I did not turn on the debug log, but there was nothing than the successful start event in the regular event log.
    I did make a backup and then formatted the sd-card writing the image of 7.95.1 > now the PI works as usual
    I did make a new image with 7.95.2 > the symptoms (no green-led activity and displaying the colored square) start to show up from the first start (before the setup routine starts)

What's wrong with this version and how may I contribute to fix the problem?

• I could be mistaken but the green LED is disabled intentionally on release and release candidate builds.

Edited once, last by smp (February 8, 2017 at 7:06 PM).

• Hmmm .... but all explanations I find for the colored-square say, that something with the kernel is messes up and usually the PI is not booting anymore, and freezes with this display. I would not mind that the green activity LED does not flash during normal operation, but in combination with the square ... I assume that something is not as it should be :)

• The coloured square appears after firmware has loaded and remains until kernel replaces it.
    If it stays up it means the kernel failed to start.

Most common cause is updating a Pi2 with Pi1 image (or vice versa).
    But sdcard corruption or an interrupted update could also cause it.

A reinstall may be the simplest option.

• Hmmm: As I formatted the SD card several times, and successfully reinstalled different versions I do assume that this is not the problem. It also does not stay up, it's just visible for a second or so - but it has not been visible in other versions.