Where can i get a virtual image?

• Hi,

i have used the search function in this forum and on the libreelec mainpage,
    but i cant find any link to a libreelec virtual image e.g. like "LibreELEC-Virtual.x86_64-7.0.2.img.gz"

Where can i get such a image?

My intention is to use libreelec in a virtualbox enviroment as a host for a tvheadend server.
    I hope libreelec with tvheadend is efficient enough to stream dvb-s2 (2 tuner) to 2 - 3 tvheadend clients.

What do you mean?

At the moment i am using a virtual ubuntu-minimal (16.04) installation with tvheadend server
    but this setting needs (strangely) a lot of cpu time when streaming dvb-s2 from 2 adapters to 2 tvheadend clients.
    (no reencoding, just pass)

At the same enviroment (some times before) i have used a dvb-t dual tuner
    and the cpu consumtion for this setting was very low.
    I assigned 25% cpu (1 core) only for this VM an this was more as enough
    for recording 4-8 dvb-t streams and playing 2-3 live dvb-t streams at the same time.

Now i am switched from dvb-t to dvb-s2 and the dvb-s2 stream was complete unusable until i assigned 100% CPU to the VM.
    Although theadend is using between 15% and 25% CPU time (top) the stream is sometimes broken or has artifacts.
    Strange…

• The main purpose of LibreELEC is to be a media center client, not a server.

Use tvheadend in a docker image instead of LibreELEC in a VirtualBox. For hosting a tvheadend server a complete graphical OS is totally over sized.

Gerald

yes, but my host system is macos not linux. (sorry i have forgotten to note that)
    docker for mac is available but (as i know) docker is using libs and drivers from the host system, or not?
    tvheadend alone has no dvb driver onboard and macos has no dvb driver.
    this was the reason to use debian/ubuntu in a virtual enviroment.

my debian/ubuntu minimal system has no x-gui or unnecessary apps
    so the image size is only 4-6 gb, similar with libreelec.

regards
    yummiweb
    [hr]

thank you for the link, but can you declare me something?

your link starts the download immediately and moved me to a special thread.
    i have seen this thread before (i asked here) but i haven't found this link in this thread?
    in which section (which post) the link was originally?
    thank you

regards
    yummiweb

addendum:
    i have updated the "normal" libreelec installation by copying the virtual .tar file in the updates folder.
    the start is now some more "complete" but the x-org server isnt start.
    any ideas?

see pic

• The main purpose of LibreELEC is to be a media center client, not a server...

.....For hosting a tvheadend server a complete graphical OS is totally over sized.

Gerald

I have to disagree to a certain extend. Yes that is the main purpose, but I run TVHeadEnd42 addon on top of LE/Kodi and it runs fine all on RPi2.
    Hosting TVH on a server a HEAVY GUI like Mint Cinamon would be too much. But LE is just right. I bet Raspbian would work good as well.