openvpn access server

• Hi

Would it be possible to build this addon or as a docker for libreelec? from the openvpn website it mentions a licence fee but it is available as a docker from linuxserver.io in the main repo but not in the armhf repo.

• Hi Lrusak,

Yes I believe it would be a very useful feature for a number of reasons. Privacy of course for people accessing public / work networks, it would be very nice to connect to your own vpn server at home and not use a paid service where you really dont have 100% privacy. I, like a lot of people set up libreelec boxs for family and friends and it would be very useful to connect to them securely from afar to sort out any issues they would have that they would not be able too resolve themselves.

Personally for all the reasons stated above and also, i have a tvheadend server running on a rpi3 libreelec build hundreds of miles away and id like to encapsulate the streams in a secure tunnel for security and to be able to interrogate the server as i'm having difficulties with playback of recordings but thats another matter. Having access to the catch up tv from back home would be a big bonus too especially with my playback issues from the tvheadend server.

What do you think is it alot of work? excuse my ignorance i have F all developer skills.