is a Graphic Card required?

• Hi all,
    Just wondering if a graphic card is required along with the DVB-S2 card to watch UHD h.264 TV (planing to buy the tbs6903) on Libreelec
    I have asrock motherboard Z97E-ITX/ac with an I5 cpu
    thanks

• If you want to watch anything from your Z97E machine, a graphics card (internal or discrete) is the #1 component on your hardware list. Decoding H264 in 4K was already done 1.5 years ago by a Celeron 1037U board ( see Celeron 1037UN-EU OpenELEC 4K 108Mb/s - Imgur ).

dear Klojum,
    sorry but i didn't get the answer. you mean graphic card is the first thing i should buy? I am already using my HTPC with this motherboard and watching even 4K content h.264.

Edited once, last by erri (February 4, 2017 at 12:42 PM).

• dear Klojum,
    sorry but i didn't get the answer. you mean graphic card is the first thing i should buy? I am already using my HTPC with this motherboard and watching even 4K content h.264.

If you are already watching from your HTPC. then you already have a graphics card it may be built into your motherboard but you have one

• H.264 content playback is smooth however h.265 is not that good. the cpu fan also goes high.
    I have only one PCIe that I will use for my DVB-s2 card so no option for graphic card for h.265 content playback. Since my cpu is not capable of hardware decode of h.265 content it has to be software decode. for now I will try to overclock the CPU to a higher speed and see.