[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control

• Hi all,

I just bought one of these remotes off eBay, but all I have working is the "air mouse" feature, none of the buttons function. I tried copying the two .xml files (from here [MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]) into the userdata/keymaps folder, and rebooted, but no joy. Only the OK and back button work

Am I missing the blindingly obvious here?

Setup: Raspberry Pi3/Kodi 17 (7.95.2 BETA) Libreelec

TIA,
    Carl.

Edited once, last by sharpey (February 3, 2017 at 5:21 PM).

• try the addon Keymap editor. it worked for me. you can search in youtoube for tutorial on how to use it but it's easy to use.
    I also advise you (in case you couldn't figure out any solution) to buy the Mele F10 Deluxe, it's an excelent airmouse with no configuration required. you can also program your TV remote on it.

• Hi erri,

Thanks for the reply. I did see this program add-on and have installed it, but not tried anything yet. I currently use the Yatse app on my phone to control Kodi/Pi3, will remapping the remote affect the function of the phone app - rendering it useless?

Carl.

• Hi erri,

Thanks for the reply. I did see this program add-on and have installed it, but not tried anything yet. I currently use the Yatse app on my phone to control Kodi/Pi3, will remapping the remote affect the function of the phone app - rendering it useless?

Carl.

not at all.

If you have an iphone I recommend the official kodi remote app in apple store.
    Official Kodi Remote on the App Store

try also the Kore, official kodi remote app for android devices.
    details?id=org.xbmc.kore&hl=en

cheers

• I've got an Android phone, but the Yatse one is better in my opinion.

Will give the key mapper a go......thanks for the tip.

Carl.

Ok, just tried to set the navigation keys for a test, up, down, left and right. They were already set to this presumably relating to the keyboard cursor keys. When editing the key map, pressing the button on the remote didn't register anything and it just timed out.

Dunno whether I've just got a duff remote, but the OK and back button work ok.

Carl.

• Remote when plugged into my PC, performs as expected. Must be this BETA version not supporting this remote as of yet. Key Mapper doesn't recognise any button presses for example, so not able to program either.

Is there an official build thread to mention this on?

Edited once, last by sharpey (February 4, 2017 at 9:10 AM).

• you need to narrow down the options to know what is wrong exactly.
    what you can do is run the same build that you are using now in your pi from a usb on a PC and see if the remote works fully. if not see if the key mapper addon works.
    the other option is to install a previous release build on your pi and see if it work.
    try also on windows version of Kodi and see if it works.
    what is the brand of the remote?

• you need to narrow down the options to know what is wrong exactly.
    what you can do is run the same build that you are using now in your pi from a usb on a PC and see if the remote works fully. if not see if the key mapper addon works.
    the other option is to install a previous release build on your pi and see if it work.
    try also on windows version of Kodi and see if it works.
    what is the brand of the remote?

I have since mapped my Amazon Fire Stick remote to Kodi and programmed a key, so I'd say the add-on works.

The remote works perfectly directly in Windows.

I'll try Libreelec with Kodi 16 on another SD card to test it.
    [hr]

I have since mapped my Amazon Fire Stick remote to Kodi and programmed a key, so I'd say the add-on works.

The remote works perfectly directly in Windows.

I'll try Libreelec with Kodi 16 on another SD card to test it.

Works 100% in 7.03 Libreelec (Kodi 16.1)

Hmmm, guess this compatibility is not active in the BETA version?

Edited once, last by sharpey (February 4, 2017 at 10:07 AM).