failed to start xorg with LE 7.95.1 and Nvidia 7100

• Hi guys,

first of all, sorry for my English, I'm a french man.

I usually use LE 7.0.3 with no matter. My hardware is based on an old motherborard Nvidia nforce 630i with Nvidia 7100 GPU integrated. (Hdmi, Spdif)
    I would want to update it to use kodi 17 but I can't because my GPU is not recognized by all versions after the 7.0.3.

I tried LE 7.90, 7.95.1 and an update of 7.0.3 to the last nightly, and everytime i have the same problem : failed to start xorg

So, does it mean that my GPU is too old and it won't be maintain in the last Nvidia's driver or LE?

• So, does it mean that my GPU is too old and it won't be maintain in the last Nvidia's driver or LE?

Yes. On LE 8 (7.9x and newer) the NVidia Legacy driver is 340.101 which is for NVidia 8 Series and newer and yours is 7 Series.
    You need to stay with LE 7 or upgrade your hardware.

• Yes. On LE 8 (7.9x and newer) the NVidia Legacy driver is 340.101 which is for NVidia 8 Series and newer and yours is 7 Series.
    You need to stay with LE 7 or upgrade your hardware.

Ok. Thank you for your answer.

It's annoying...

• Blame nvidia as it's not possible to have 340.xx and 304.xx installed at the same time so both can't be supported out of the box on LibreELEC. You do have the option of building yourself though.

Here's a build with the 304.xx legacy drivers. It's my community build so has a ton of stuff that you might not want.