Announcements mailing list?

• As I understand it, one of the main rationales for this project is that support for new hardware platforms will be more of a priority.

That's absolutely terrific, of course, but I wonder if you guys might consider implementing a low-volume "announcements" mailing list to inform people whenever you first make an official release for some new hardware platform.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to come and scan all new postings in these forums on a daily or even weekly basis, but I sure would like to know about it whenever you guys make an official release for a new platform/machine, particularly any ARM-based ones.

P.S. Actually, I have my eye on one specific type of box, but I ain't gonna buy one until you guys say you have an actual supported release ready to go for it. More generally, I'm interested in everything that's going on it the ARM space, so would like to know about any specific new announcements from your project relating to any ARM-based machine(s).

• The best thing to do would be to follow our rss feed. Perhaps there is a recipe using ifttt that will email you when a new rss post is made.

RSS link: feed

That's still a "pull" solution, and thus less convenient, because I'd still have to be looking at it on a regular and/or frequent basis... even though most of the time there will ne no new news or announcements.

A "push" solution, like an announcement mailing list would be more conenient for those who want to know about new developments, but can't spare the time to check the web site every day until something new actually is announced.

• Official Post

That's still a "pull" solution, and thus less convenient, because I'd still have to be looking at it on a regular and/or frequent basis... even though most of the time there will ne no new news or announcements.

A "push" solution, like an announcement mailing list would be more conenient for those who want to know about new developments, but can't spare the time to check the web site every day until something new actually is announced.

Like I said, use ifttt then

• Official Post

There are no plans for a "new hardware" forum thread that people can subscribe to, but we can create (and multiple people have asked for) a "releases" forum thread. New software releases that support new hardware are likely to contain some kind of announcement.