Remote issue with MediaPi Plus Case

• I have a Mediapi Plus which comes with a remote and OpenELEC preinstalled on a microSD card. I installed the Raspberry Pi 3 and a 4TB Seagate USB drive. Running the 6.0.3 version of OpenELEC works fine with my remote with the exception of the context button (which doubles as an 'enter' or 'OK' button when it should bring up a context menu) but when I tried upgrading to the OpenELEC Beta Release (7.0 beta 3) the home button stopped doing anything at all when before it would act as a back button. I find my remote now basically useless. Doing an upgrade to the earlier version confirms the remote works and this is a configuration issue.

I recently tried out LibreELEC hoping maybe the problem wouldn't be there, but while the home button worked it just caused the sidebar menu to display--none of the buttons took me backwards or to the home screen. I was really hoping LibreELEC would be the answer for me---a stable release with a current version of Kodi so all my addons and skins would work again.

The manufacturer's website includes lirc config file and a button mapping xml, but adding those to the system did not restore functionality. I have reached out to the manufacturer of the case and the IR module + remote and they said they were passing along the information to their tech people and would get back to me. That was almost a week ago and I've heard nothing since from anyone. I bought this thing to be used at family functions so I'd really prefer to be running the most recent release when I show it off to my brother and sister and our cousins this weekend as it is now, many addons do not work.

Could someone please look at the linked config files and tell me what I need to edit to make everything work again? I'm willing to edit stuff myself to fix things but as it stands right now I don't even know where the problem is to start editing.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks, I'll be studying up!

For future reference, are there any recommended remotes that will work with the receiver already built into the case but which has all the buttons Kodi expects to find and can make use of? Bonus if it includes a keyboard on the other side, but not interested in any airmouse floating all over the place.

Thanks again!

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk