[Bluetooth] LibreELEC "mutes" SailfishOS devices

• Today I tried to pair my Raspberry Pi 3 with my Jolla smartphone (running SailfishOS). As soon as the devices are connected SailfishOS routes all audio to the RPi but LibreELEC just seems to route it to trash. So the result is a completely muted phone and the only way to get audio back is to close the bluetooth connection.

Now I wonder why does LibreELEC advertise A2DP when it doesn't work? Or is this maybe just related to the RPi 3 and if so: Anything I could test?

• Official Post

We only support audio the other way by default, so RPi --> Bluetooth audio speaker, not the other way around. It is possible to make it work manually but we cannot make it the default for all devices.

• We only support audio the other way by default, so RPi --> Bluetooth audio speaker, not the other way around. It is possible to make it work manually but we cannot make it the default for all devices.

Any hint on how to do that? I see you're using bluetoothd but can't even find it's config files.

Also then the question still stands:

I wonder why does LibreELEC advertise A2DP when it doesn't work?

It might be a really good idea to not advertise what you can't handle (a user making it work manually will re-add the advertising, too).

• It's all been covered before
    LibreELEC

Thanks, I tried that but stuck at pactl list short, there are no usable sources/sinks:

I guess I did everything correctly:

• Official Post

no idea really

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # pactl load-module module-udev-detect
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # pactl set-default-sink alsa_output.platform-audio.analog-stereo
    LibreELEC:~ # pactl set-default-source bluez_source.28_E1_4C_6A_9F_D5

Note that "alsa_output.platform-audio.analog-stereo" is actually my HDMI output

• just put it in config.txt

That worked, thanks! In fact everything works out of the box (except setting Kodi to use ALSA - yes ALSA as PulseAudio still needs tuning and either the RPi has hardware mixing capabilities or dmix is running) now without setting default sink/source. Anyway, PulseAudio doesn't perform good, I guess the place to tune it is /storage/.config/pulse-daemon.conf.d/ ? Does anyone know what sampling frequencys the chip supports?