Library sharing using qnap NAS and different devices

• Hi all, I have been using the product since way back on my modded green xbox machines, and have slowly moved through the stages to have a pretty decent knowledge and understanding.

But I am now flumoxed with what is happening.

I have a qnap nas, my media sits on that and is available to all my devices, PC's, STB, rpi's, Odroids and NUC's, so I decided once more to set up the shared library using mysql on the qnap, I made sure that ALL the units were running the same version of the software (16.1) I then created the user in myslq, granted the appropriate rights and created the sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml that pointed to the mysql server and use the right username and password.

I then started the work on the PC, copied the files to the user section and then updated the library, leaving it a long time to complete, for ease and after much reading I used NFS to connect to the nas.

I then checked and all appeared OK, I then went to a NUC and made the appropriate changes and made sure that update library was set in the music and video sections.

I left the NUC for a while, then restarted Libreelec and noted the TV Shows and Movies on the Confluence strip, a good sign things are working right, I then tested the stop and resume from the NUC to the PC, again all was good.I then moved onto the Odroid C2 and made the necessary changes on that, again left it a while, menus appeared, watched was correct, all appeared to be OK.

I then left this alone for a few hours, went back to the PC and the TV Shows and Movies options were missing on the bar, and when I checked the library was not up to date, from that point on all things just went to shit, various options on various machines at various times would appear, but never what I call stability.

Now assuming that the mysql is the root database, and I checked that no machine had its own copy, and the systems are reading the advancedsettings.xml, I have NFI what is going on, why I lose the TV Shows and Movies sections on the strip is as confusing as hell to me.

I have done some searching and cannot find any obvious answers as to where to start looking, and have reverted back to each machine keeping its own database, that just works.
    I have no known issues with networking, I use hard wired on all units through quality GB switches.

I use NO add ons other than from the ones supplied, no third party dodge, all builds were redone from official sources not wizard builds, although the C2 is potentially not official per se, is the one from wrxtasy, but I did test without using the C2 at one point.

I also did a full rebuild using SMB, and carefully checking that the user rights were correct, I also made sure that NFS right clean on the original run through.

Does anyone here actually use the mysql shared solution? And does it work, if so how have you set it up and what machines do you use?

Flumoxed of down under and sorry for the length, but I like to add what I can to help rather than waste time

• Maybe Kodi does not wait for the Network when it starts?

Missing Main Menu items for Movies / TV Shows etc. always happened to me when the central database was not available at the start of Kodi.
    Is your QNAP always on or do you wake it via WOL?

• Maybe Kodi does not wait for the Network when it starts?

Missing Main Menu items for Movies / TV Shows etc. always happened to me when the central database was not available at the start of Kodi.
    Is your QNAP always on or do you wake it via WOL?

qnap is on 24/7 and i tested with the wait for network settings, just didn't put that in the blurb as it is long enough as it is, as well as all the other stuff I tested,

I have even seen the missing menus when there is no advancedsettings.xml and the db is local :(

• qnap is on 24/7 and i tested with the wait for network settings, just didn't put that in the blurb as it is long enough as it is, as well as all the other stuff I tested,

I have even seen the missing menus when there is no advancedsettings.xml and the db is local

Hi, I have the same behaviour, with my C2.
    All other components (rpi and X86) do behave as expected...

It seems, that currently something is broeken with the C2 Build.

Maybe it has something to with the "- Davilla's (MrMC) MySQL configuration added to the Kodi GUI found in Settings > Services instead of using advancedsettings.xml" wrxtasy was referring to in his post.

I did not find the setting in the regular distribution, but maybe something got messed up.

Lets hope that it gets fixed during for the next release, as the C2 is by far the most capable mini-device I know...