First steps with Amlogic S905X devices

• Hello,

I just buy a Mini M8S II (S905X) device. I want to indtall LE on it. I don't want to use Android on it. I have some questions.

1. I see that there are some new firmwares in the net. Could I upgrade them before install LE?

2. How could I get backup if I want to return to Android for start from scratch again?

Thanks and regards.

• Hello,

I just buy a Mini M8S II (S905X) device. I want to indtall LE on it. I don't want to use Android on it. I have some questions.

1. I see that there are some new firmwares in the net. Could I upgrade them before install LE?

2. How could I get backup if I want to return to Android for start from scratch again?

Thanks and regards.

Always update Android version Firmware before LE.
    You will need a copy of your Android Firmware of course.

Most importantly you should have a copy of your Android Recovery And the Android Device tree.
    This will be needed if you want to enter recovery from internal LE and flash back Android.

Always run SD Card LE Version before you think about installing internally until you have run that version and it all works.

• Thanks!

And how could I do a copy of Android Recovery and Android device tree?

Is there a repository to find latest firmware for Amlogic device? Or need I search in the manufacturer web site?

Best regards.

• Thanks!

And how could I do a copy of Android Recovery and Android device tree?

Is there a repository to find latest firmware for Amlogic device? Or need I search in the manufacturer web site?

Best regards.

The seller should have the firmware or if you're lucky enough to get OTA updates you can retrieve it after the Update has downloaded.
    In the OTA Zip you will find the device tree and recovery.
    [hr]

Sorry, for what purpose it is necessary to update the Android, if I use the LE on a SD card?

Not that important for LE functioning. Unless you have a locked recovery and update to newer or sometimes older firmware to get unlocked recovery.

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 16, 2017 at 12:24 PM).