Something is broken in Bluetooth on Odroid C2 versions of LE

• A repost of sorts from another site. When I bought my first C2 back in the fall, I also bought some XiaoMi MiTV bluetooth remotes. I have not been able to get them to work with any of the 3 different LE builds I've tried—Wrxtasy's branch, the LE 8 Community and the official 8 Preview Builds. They will pair with the remote, but absolutely nothing happens. It won't move a budge on screen. No buttons respond.

I have determined that it's not the outdated kernel—Android and Ubuntu Mate for C2 share the same kernel and the remote pairs and works (it registers as a HID keyboard).
    I have also determined that it's not LE in general, as the same remote pairs and works just fine on LE for RPi.

On the machines where it works, it registers as a generic HID keyboard. It's initially visible on bluetooth scans with Chinese characters (or boxes on LE), and then registers its name in English (Xiaomi RC) after pairing is complete. All but two buttons work, and that's just a matter of mapping (Home and Menu).

On Odroid LE builds, it's visible in bluetooth scans and pairs (I receive the confirmation beep from the remote), but nothing.

There's zero mention of the Xiaomi remote being identified as an input device in dmesg. The Logitech keyboard however, shows up in dmesg just as it should.

So either Odroid C2 LE builds are missing a patch or driver that Ubuntu and Android have, or there's something breaking what makes it work on every other system I've tried (Raspbian/Pixel, Ubuntu, Android, iOS, MacOS, LibreELEC RPi).

NOTE: I've tried with two different USB Bluetooth adapters with two different chipsets (Broadcom and Cambridge Silicon); it makes no difference. Both work fine with the remote with other OSes. I've deduced that it is strictly something with the Odroid C2 builds of LibreELEC.

Even more annoying, Odroid C2 LE builds work just fine with a Logitech (English) Bluetooth Keyboard.

Any thoughts anyone?

Edited once, last by zang74 (January 16, 2017 at 3:44 AM).