[Solved]Invalid Argument only with USB disk drives on Win Server

• Hello Com,

i have a problem. I try to switch to kodi and i have some problems too add media source folder ofer Windows SMB Network.

My setting, latest libreelec alpha on an intel nuc and a windows 10 server.

in Settings i can see the Workgroup, and can enter the folder that are access granted to network. Then first time i was aksed for user:pw after successfull entering the credetnials i can see all the folders, and add some to kodi. But with some folders it does not work, strangely when i see it right, that are only folders they where stored on a ext. hdd that hangs on the Server.

Attached the log with debug enabled.

On other Systems running windows i can enter all folders.

Greet's Newcomer

• Hm no one can help ? I think this is a problem from LibreElec or Linux. Because i have test Kodi on an Windows System and with that, i can add this folders, on Elec not. The other thing is, that only the ext. HDD's dont work.

• There is a known issue with SMB in the latest build of LE (7.90.x)
    To get round it: Either
    1) Add <server name> <ip address> to ./storage/hosts.conf and reboot
    or
    Access it directly in Kodi as smb://<server IP>/<folder>

• Oh n1, i will try it tomorrow. Sorry for late answer, i have some problems in rl, so i had no time to look back.

Server Name is this one i see it under network for me MEDIAPORTAL-PC ?

Hm had he only problems with external hdds on an Server ?

Edited once, last by Kodi_Newcomer (January 25, 2017 at 7:57 PM).

• 1) Add <server name> <ip address> to ./storage/hosts.conf and reboot
    or
    Access it directly in Kodi as smb://<server IP>/<folder>

I have tried both with the latest beta 7.95.1 but the same. Only the 2 external hdds make problems.

EDIT::

For testing, i installed win 10 + kodi on a drive, start the NUC Client and try to access the usb storage drive, it works perfect. Switch back to Libre, and the issue is back.

Here actaul log file FIlme 5 / Serien 5 / Filme 4 this are the issue maker.

I have add the server name and ip adresse at configfiles/hostconfig

• Hm i found nothing for this issue, not here not on google, im rly the only one with this problem ? I dont know why he has this issue with the usb storage drives, and only with this one. I have tried so many tips and nothing works. Neeeeeeed it, because i neeeeed kodi.

• I suspect this is an issue with Samba permissions. You should be looking carefully how the shares are setup on the Windows server.

Keep in mind LibreElec is a Linux system accessing Windows shares via Samba. 9 times out of 10 in my experience the problem is in the share configuration on the Windows machine. Given that you are only having problems with external shares on the server I would start with the server config.

• Given that you are only having problems with external shares on the server I would start with the server config.

Hm any tips ? I have give the folders on external the same settings how i gave the internal shares. So i don't know what i can do. Can i add Libreelec as an user at the windows shares ?

• I have found the issue. After many try's i have found what makes the problem. I have plug'ed in the two USB Drives on a USB Hub and this on an USB Port from the Mainboard. So now i have connect the two USB Drives each one in his on usb port on the board and now it works. i dont know why linux has a problem with that, because on all other devices it works.