Please make PCTV 292e work on WeTek Play 2

• I would like to use the USB-Tuner PCTV 292e on the WeTek Play 2 like on Raspberry Pi3. It works out of the box with LibreELEC (official) Version: 7.0.3 on the Pi, while on the WeTek Play 2 there are some kernel driver parts missing.

I know that you are inevitably tied to the old Linux kernel 3.14.29 by Amlogic on the wetek box, where you can use the more modern Linux kernel 4.4.13 on the Pi. The kernel module em28xx is already onboard with wetek, but the si2168 e.g. is missing. Could it be included by backport to make the PCTV 292e DVB-T2 tuner work here, too?

The PCTV 292e is one of the rare working DVB-T2 sticks and in Germany they switch the aerial TV system to DVB-T2. So this would be very nice to make it work.

Does anybody know whether there any plans to use a more modern kernel for the WeTek Play 2 away from the Amlogic kernel, more to the mainstream Linux kernel line?

BTW, this is the second tuner stick which doesn't work with the Amlogic kernel while it works on other platforms. You might think that some kind of exclusion of other tuners couldn't be by accident. Just my thoughts ...