LibreElec 7.0.3 with Kernel of 7.90 to support TP-Link TL-WN823N v2

• First of HI!, I'm ka300m, I'm from Italy and this is my first post here.
    I switched from OpenElec last month on all my devices: one Rpi 3, two Rpi1 and on x86 PC.

All my devices share Library with mariaDB on a Synology NAS.

Now I want to move one of my Rpi from LAN connection to WiFi connection with a TP-Link TL-WN823N v2 that I yet had.

The TP-Link TL-WN823N v2 was not recognized by last stable version of LibreElec (7.0.3) but was supported from last alpha/beta version probabily because the correct driver was merged into the new kernel.

So my question... it's possibile to have a mixed version of LibreElec: Kernel from 7.90 and System from 7.0.3?

I understand this is not officially supported but while we waiting the new major release, I can use all my devices and continue to share the Library.

I hope was clear on my request.

Thanks in advance.

K.

P.S.
    I post in this section but I'm not sure it's the right one.... if not sorry.

Edited once, last by ka300m (January 11, 2017 at 7:47 AM).

• Is it possible to combine the things you want? Probably, but you will have to do the compiling and building of that personal LibreELEC release yourself as LibreELEC 7.0.3 is the end of the line for us.

We have already worked months on alpha builds on Kodi Krypton, and now LibreELEC beta 1 is just around the corner. We're moving on.

• Is it possible to combine the things you want? Probably, but you will have to do the compiling and building of that personal LibreELEC release yourself as LibreELEC 7.0.3 is the end of the line for us.

We have already worked months on alpha builds on Kodi Krypton, and now LibreELEC beta 1 is just around the corner. We're moving on.

Ok!
    Thank you!