Turn off TV through CEC on kodi shutdown?

• Is there a way to have the Raspberry Pi2/3 turn off my Television once the shutdown timer is reached in Kodi?

For example: set a shutdown timer for 15 minutes of inactivity. Once timout is reached, instead of shutting down the Pi, turn off the TV through CEC while leaving the Pi running.

Any ideas?

• Was looking into this myself before but could not find much.
    Seen this on another forum and it makes me think if might not be possible

The TV is usally the master device in a CEC setup. You have 1 TV, and multiple other CEC devices attached to it, be it a PS3, PS4, HTPC, Android TV, ect, ect (not xbox, since MS thinks IR is cutting edge tech...). If you turn off one of those other CEC devices, most TVs will not turn off just because you turned one off, it doesn't mean your done with your TV. You might be switching to another CEC device, or going back to your cable box ect.

However i have a workaround where i can set my tv to turn off after 60 secs if it no longer detects a singnal from a hdmi port.
    It basically the same thing just with a 60 delay in the Tv switching off.

• Was looking into this myself before but could not find much.
    Seen this on another forum and it makes me think if might not be possible

However i have a workaround where i can set my tv to turn off after 60 secs if it no longer detects a singnal from a hdmi port.
    It basically the same thing just with a 60 delay in the Tv switching off.

But you can't keep the Pi running all the time then?

• This is so annoying. I answered this just some seconds ago in the OpenELEC forum. I hate cross posting. Don't expect me to repeat it here.

Gerald

• This is so annoying. I answered this just some seconds ago in the OpenELEC forum. I hate cross posting. Don't expect me to repeat it here.

Gerald

Thanks Gerald. I actually had never heard of LibreELEC until reading the openelec forum earlier today. So since I plan on install Libre tonight, I asked in here as well in case this feature already existed.

Anyway... thanks for posting in OE and I'll keep most posts to LE forum from now on.

Gerald

This is annoying, now I have to go spend 2 hours searching another forum, cause you didnt post a link to the above mentioned thread.

• But you can't keep the Pi running all the time then?

Check out the pimon screensaver (GitHub - timker/kodi.screensaver.pimon). It doesn't actively shutdown or standby the TV, but it will turn off the HDMI signal from the Pi. And if your TV has a setting to turn-off/standby after a period of no signal, it pretty much doesn't what the OP asked for.

I've been using it with LE for quite some time now, and it work quite well.