Sound Issues

• i have been experiencing sound issues for a few weeks now.
    the sound disappears and sometimes it comes on by itself but more than not I have to stop and resume and I sometimes have to do this a few times.
    Someitimes it is coupled with jerky playback as well (but not always) but presumably this may be because the system tries to keep video & audio in sinc so when sound is affected maybe has knock effect with video??

I have the RPI2 B via HDMIport

Can anyone shed a light?

• Is it just the video you lose sound from?
    Like when you lose sound and you bring up the menu do you have menu sound ?

When I lose the sound, if I press the volume button on the remote and the volume bar is shown & i can slide the bar to full volume but it makes no difference the sound is just not there
    If i press the menu button the sound menu is there and comes up if selected but again if select 'audio & subtitles settings' the volume slider makes no difference......slide it to full.....no sound

• The sound loss is when I play video content from a stream, I do not have a NAS setup. When i play local video content (from USB stick or portable hard drive attached to the RPI2) I do not have any sound issues

• Sounds a lot like a netwok issue maybe your connection cant handle the stream or its on slow server.

I would agree it sounds like a network issue & that's was what I initially thought, However if I play one of the apps I often have the sound issue with within Kodi (using RPI2) on my laptop, phone or tablet but just by using the app (i.e. not within Kodi) then I do not have these sound issues. As when playing the app on these other devices is using the same network (but no using LibreElec / Kodi) that made it appear as more of a Kodi problem as opposed to network.

I am not really too familiar with debug files

• Official Post

You didn't mention any app before. Which "apps" are you talking about?

Note:

If you are talking about one of those apps here: Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Official Kodi Wiki

Then don't expect any support for them. Those add-ons and repositories are banned for a good reason and we handle them in the same way Kodi handles them...we don't support them.

For the Kodi logfile:

HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

You don't need to be familiar with those logs. Just let us take a look on it.