Create remote.conf from scratch

• Hi all

I have install libreelec on a amlogic box, I had this in in the old stuff box for some years and put live in it.

The remote controll do fine except when I want to power on, then nothing happens, but a other remote from the rt3229

do wake it up, but the rest of the buttons do not work.

I can switch off just fine.

I did read here so maybe you can help me? I have installed a app who can track codes in kodi environment and save it.

But see not a power on setup there.

Thanks.

• The IR wake codes are hard-coded (compiled) into the u-boot (boot) firmware. If your remote does not send the right code and/or cannot be reprogrammed to send the right code, there is nothing we can do. The boot firmware would need to be recompiled with new codes, and 99% of Amlogic set-top box devices have no source code for the boot firmware.

• I can buy a remote who do, because the original do also inpact the setup of mine dish receiver.

RC 6 or so did work as seen on wiki..

Is there not source code for the u-boot firmware? Recompling and use that, but if 99 procent has none, I

do new remote. When it works I can make someone happy with the amlogic box.

Last question, until what version of libreleec does work on 905w, (libre tell aarch64 version 7 or so on 905w hardware.)

• Is there not source code for the u-boot firmware?

Amlogic sources exist but 99.999% of manufacturers "tweak" the sources to work with the components of a specific box (including the remote codes needed for that model) and if the RAM chip timing/specs are changed (always) this makes the u-boot binaries unique to a specific box. Unless you know what changes to make, the compiled u-boot binaries won't boot the box. Universal IR remotes are always easier.

The AMLGX image works with S905W boxes, but you will have to see if the p281 device-tree boots (or Tanix TX3). These super-cheap boxes often have WiFi chips like SSV6501 that have no upstream drivers so the box will probably be Ethernet only.

• Oke, Thanks for info.

I have bought a universal remote, a grundig, the only thing I need to now is input

codes for using this, You say that there is a hardcoded power on, I have a remote from a

rt3229 box who do set power on, but the rest does not work, maybe this is a nice

one to make a new remote.conf file? that remote do send the right power on code.

I have 9.2 libreelec who do work very nice, I do not now how to boot the box when I have

already burn it to emmc, did try some but box stay dead when a sd or usb card is in it

with newer libreelec.

For me linux is very very new, and command line stuff I do not now much about. I am electronic

engineer so that is much different, coding a pic will just work but this linux stuff, new learning.

thanks in advance.

• Update, Thanks for the link, it is clearly explaned there, not always the case.

I have start the box with the nieuwer versions, like 12 with beta kodi, this was unstable.

The 11.06 did fine, however I have no remote control, so how do you use these in newer

versions? Also with a keymap, I saw a add on who can track remote codes, I have a universal

grundig remote with a bunch of system codes, can I use these also? The original little remotes

are not so handy.

I have now set libre on a sd card and boot from there, so I can savely experiment, need a little

care because I have not yet gleu the big heatsink, but it keeps the cpu nice and cool on 37 degree

with hevc 265 hd.

What I ask myself, have the aarch64 chip s905w a audio amp on board? or is there a external opamp?.

if so it is very very small. But I can replace that for a big car buur brown high end opamp on a separate board.

thanks for all.

• Another question.

Can I install the amlogic builds above 10 into internal? I did see that the installtointernal do not work, -sh unkwown.

or have I just to update from 9.2 builds.

thanks.

• I have set it on a sd card, but when I restart then I get a bunch of errors, looks like disk repair, I see wait for 120 seconds.

then it does start, 9,2 has the same, but after install it internal, who did perfect, I have no errors anymore.

I see that version 11 do not see the harddisks, I mean, it is there because when I disconnect usb it give succesfully disconnected

that drive with the right name. sd cards it does see fine, (use a adapter because sd slot is occupied).

Strange, maybe it is hidden/.

regards