Transmission filled storage causing all sort of problems [ Solved ]

• I had problems, but resolved them so posting in case it can help someone else:
    Initially after installing libreelec on my slice, things were pretty good. But after a while, lots of issues started happening. Examples: 

• Weather settings wouldn’t stay.
    • Video calibration settings wouldn’t stay.
    • Couldn’t mark videos as watched.
    • Ultimately, I couldn't boot into kodi.

Long story short: Something related to Transmission add-on * caused my /storage to fill up to 100%. I had tens of thousands (!!) of files in /storage/.cache/cores that had filenames like “core.!storage!.kodi!addons!service.downloadmanager.transmission!bin!transmission-daemon.1483408051” 
    * I used transmission on my slice (to legally seed linux iso files) and tried to install it on libreelec, until I saw somewhere where it is not supported, so I gave up and didn’t give it anymore thought.

So I un-installed all transmission related addons, and using filezilla, I deleted all those 2 GB worth of core files (now /storage is only 20% full).
    The bottomline lesson I got is if things are acting weird: check the /storage to see if it filled up somehow.
    Cheers

• In hindsight:
    1. You can check on service addons with journalctl/systemctl, here with journalctl -u service.downloadmanager.transmission
    2. You should remove inoperative/broken addons (settings usually remain)