Can't get Apple Built-in IR Receiver working

• Hello,

I just migrated from OE to LE and I also tried the alpha version on my device. The device is a Mac mini 2011 (I5-2520M, 4 GB RAM). It runs pretty good, but one thing is bugging me... I cannot get the IR receiver to work.

When I use "lsusb" is see the receiver:

Code
    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 05ac:8242 Apple, Inc. Built-in IR Receiver

But, no device is created on system startup. I checked with "cat /proc/bus/input/devices" or "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" and only see mouse, keyboard and other USB devices, but but this one.

I did a lot of research on the web but was not able to find the clue. So I am hoping someone here can show me the right direction to look.

Before there isn't a device I do not need to check what Kodi is doing or LIRC or atvclient (I don't have a real clue yet what I need to check next - but as the device is missing I need solve this problem first).

Thank you very much,
    cheers,
    Roi

Edited once, last by Roi (January 3, 2017 at 11:07 AM).

• Thank you. I saw this thread some days ago but the people there are one step further. Nevertheless there were more posts there and I will post my problems there, too.

• atvclient is broken in v7.90.010 ALPHA, so you have to fall back to 7.0.3.
    Try the following command to list the usb devices:

Code
    ls /sys/bus/usb/devices/

I used the instructions in this thread to get the wakeup-from-suspend working (at that time using OE 5), however since OE 6 and LE the wakeup is broken on my machine (a Macmini 2012).

• Thank you. I noticed these threads and also the idea how to solve the suspend problem. But I did not manage to get a device working by these commands.