Display flickering with Intel NUC after switching from OE to LE

• hello forum,

i recently switched from openelec to libreelec and i am very satisfied with my media center. but, there is a small but annoying thing i couldn't fix yet. sometimes i have some strange display flickering while playing a movie. it happens mostly at scenes with a lot of motion, but sometimes on slower ones, too. it's hard to describe, as english is not my native language, so i made a video with my phone and extracted a frame with the "flickering".

it looks like this, happens only for a fraction of a second. don't mind the borders, TV is 16:9, movie 21:9 ;)

the video files itself are not the culprit, they are playing on PC just fine. the flicker occurs random, never at the same time if i rewind the scene and only while playing a movie (not in menu). i changed from displayport to hdmi and switched the hdmi cable, but with no luck. maybe it's some sort of driver issue, back at openelec everything was fine - but i want to stay with libreelec ;)

here my setup:

Libreelec on Intel NUC D54250WYKH2 (i5-4250U Haswell), with 2x8 GB RAM and 60 GB m.2 SSD. Movies are played via SMB from a NAS connected via gigabit ethernet, using up to 8GB of RAM as playback cache. the NUC is connected via HDMI to my Samsung J-Series UHD TV, running at 4K@30Hz. Problem occurs at 1920x1080, too.

Edited once, last by noonecanhide (January 1, 2017 at 10:51 PM).

• Did You also try Mulhouse build ?

Kodi 18

kodi 17

For video settings to get best video quality and performance refer to

here

Point 2 and below
    Take note that some video settings was moved in other menù (You must search them)

Edited once, last by Roby77 (January 1, 2017 at 11:18 PM).