Blu Ray video caching

• I use a S805 and two S905 boxes to stream media from my NAS. I have no trouble with high-bitrate blu-ray images, even on the S805 (which uses a USB ethernet dongle) or the MXQ (which is 100MBit only). My NAS is connected with Gigabit LAN.

Buffering issues indicate that the bandwidth from the box to the NAS is less than the average bitrate of the files, so the buffer slowly drains over time and at some point in time playback stops to wait for the buffer to be filled again.

You can try:

• use LAN instead of WLAN
    • check the read speed of your NAS from another computer

if you already use LAN:

• check if the LAN connection is full duplex and your switch/router is not using any "eco" settings on the ports.
    • change the cables
    • connect NAS and box directly to rule out cable or other connection issues
  • Thank you for the reply.

I am streaming over the LAN and already tried changing the ports and cables. The same DVDs can stream normally to my Windows PC, again using Kodi with no issues. I seem to be getting the same cache drain issue when I stream to my OpenElec Rpi2 box which is consistent with the 100Mbit and relatively small RAM pool being the root cause. however I see advancedsettings.xml have no impact whatsoever regardless of what values I put in there for cache.

I tried the LE 7.9 alpha and the buffering was not seen in Kodi 17 there however video playback was very poor and the sound would disappear after a few seconds of play time.