Missing dm140 Futaba VFD driver from LCDProc

• Why everything works like a charm on libreelec 7.0 but nothing works on Librelec 8.0 - LCD display is not working (Futaba dm140) ,dvbs2 card TBS950 not working too (it finds something but no searching channel on tvheadend and VDR) . It's a crap...
    It should be better but it's not... I lost a whole saturday to check that LE8.0 is not worth anything with my HTPC = really sad :(

Edited once, last by bratmat (April 15, 2017 at 9:32 PM).

• My dm140 seems to be working fine in v8.0.1 (though I did compile it from source).
    I'm using the dm140 that came with the MSI media live barebones unit.

Edited once, last by sam3 (April 17, 2017 at 12:34 PM).

• Can you give me some hints or a ready plugin for librelec ? :)

Sure ;)
    You need to enable 2 plugins/addons.

One is the lcdproc addon under the libreElec repository. You need to configure this one and select dm140 as the driver.

The other is the xbmc-lcdproc under the kodi repository.

It should then work. It will create a lcd.xml file in your userdata folder which you will probably like to edit as by default it is setup for a display with 4 rows instead of 2 like the dm140. Here is my edited lcd.xml you can use (just copy it over to your userdata folder using samba):

• I did every steps like you , but no success at all. My htpc is Scaleo EVI - maybe there are some differences in VFD - mine has it's own keyboard and wifi module.

• Mine has the buttons and wifi/bluetooth module too. Perhaps it could be a hiddev issue awiouy mentioned in thread-3356-post-32089.html#pid32089 but I thought this would have also stopped it from working in LibreELEC 7.0 :s
    Lcdproc may have been bumped in libreElec 8.0 but the actual dm140 driver hasn't been touched in years. Perhaps awiouy could help more?

Ps. I did compile LibreElec from source. I had to change the package link for LCDproc when I did this as it was no longer working - but I assume it was working fine when 8.01 was first released.

Edited once, last by sam3 (April 19, 2017 at 4:17 PM).