Advanced Settings

• hello there and Happy New Year!
    I am facing a problem with my new libreelec system (beebox-s). At my previous system (xtremer ultra) I was using zero cache at advanced settings. Now it doesn't seems to work. I tryed some different setups of advanced setting but nothing happend. I always have only 15MB bufferd. Even when I pause the streaming.
    here is my advanced settings:

<advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode> 1 </buffermode>
    <readbufferfactor> 3 </readbufferfactor>
    <cachemembuffersize> 157286400 </cachemembuffersize>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

p.s. sorry for my english

• Hello.
    what version of libreelec are you using? also 157286400(bytes) is 150MB cache. (please correct me if I'm wrong) not sure the format of the config file on your system on the RasPi i have mine looking like this

<advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode>0</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>5</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

i make the file and then add in the text some times (windows) likes to add in hidden characters so i would recommend using nano or vi to check on your device.

• I am using the last version (LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.010 ALPHA ). I was tested also with 0 but nothing changes. I will run more tests tomorrow.

• With krypton some of the advanced settings tags have changed. You can check the wiki. There was another recent post on this with the link

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• I am using the last version (LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.010 ALPHA ). I was tested also with 0 but nothing changes. I will run more tests tomorrow.

oh the good old alpha. yes i am having the same issues as you are. still not quite sure as to why kodi is not reading the AVconfig file. i can post screen shots of nmon running later tonight to show that it is not using any more ram than stock. i have set it to 0 and 10 GB to get it to show any signs of reading the file and as far as i can tell its not. i am still using the stable version on the one in my living room and it is using the above config and works find ( i will get the version tonight ) so i know its not a formatting error. could be something to do with compiling
    [hr]
    thanks to  gwilly7 and some googling i was able to find the link. im testing it as soon as i get home. hope this helps @<OP>

advancedsettings.xml - Official Kodi Wiki

Edited once, last by thor2189 (December 28, 2016 at 10:13 PM).

• with help of this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    , I made it, only change the memory size. is there anything else to take notice?