Odroid-C2, SMB Login problems

• For Christmas I received an Odroid-C2 to replace my Raspberry PI 3. (I needed the extra oomph for some of my video files.) I installed the latest LibreELEC with no trouble and it booted up successfully. I made various changes to the configuration (location, time server, etc.) and then went to add the video files which are located on my Windows 10 machine. That's where things went south. At first the LibreELEC couldn't see my Windows machine. When I first did this on my Raspberry it asked me for the username and password, but that's not happening on the Odroid. If I try to access the files on my Windows machine, instead of asking for a username and password it just says, "Operation Not Permitted". If I have Kodi running on my Windows PC and connect via UPNP devices, it sees things just fine.

So the basic question here is, why isn't Kodi asking me for the username and password to access the shared files?

• Perhaps I should be more specific. First, I'm using LibreELEC v7.90.010. The FAQ you show me shows an earlier version, namely When I first boot up the machine it tells me my library is currently empty. No surprises here as it's a brand new installation. It gives me an option to enter the file section, which I do. I then select Add Videos. From there I browse for a source. I select Windows Network (SMB). It shows me WORKGROUP which I select. I see my Windows PC listed and select it. That's when I don't get a request for a username and password which is what I expect but rather I get the "Operation not permitted" message. In the latest version of LibreELEC (v7.90.010) this is the same dialog I get regardless of which method I use to access files on my Windows 10 PC. If there's a different dialog I don't see it. (FWIW, there's no non-Alpha version for the Odroid.)