Posts by vbalbert

I figured something was wrong with OMX when I disabled that and let MMAL do the hardware acceleration.

What are the parameters for OMX acceleration in the config file? Google just wants to tell me stuff about omxplayer or other applications rather than modifications to the config file.

After an upgrade to 8.0.1 I'm having problems playing back videos ripped from DVDs. (I use MakeMKV to rip videos from discs.) I see a loading icon that gets to 100%, disappears and the screen goes blank. I can hit the stop button on my remote and I go back to the previous screen. If I turn off hardware acceleration I don't have a problem, but the software alone does not have enough oomph to playback videos ripped from Blu-Ray discs. Turning off the acceleration is not an option for me. This does not happen when I play back a Blu-Ray file. If I begin playing a Blu-Ray file and then go back to a DVD file, it plays fine. When a video plays properly there's no loading icon before playback; it plays back instantly.

So what's going on here?

Logfile can be found at Ubuntu Pastebin

Perhaps I should be more specific. First, I'm using LibreELEC v7.90.010. The FAQ you show me shows an earlier version, namely When I first boot up the machine it tells me my library is currently empty. No surprises here as it's a brand new installation. It gives me an option to enter the file section, which I do. I then select Add Videos. From there I browse for a source. I select Windows Network (SMB). It shows me WORKGROUP which I select. I see my Windows PC listed and select it. That's when I don't get a request for a username and password which is what I expect but rather I get the "Operation not permitted" message. In the latest version of LibreELEC (v7.90.010) this is the same dialog I get regardless of which method I use to access files on my Windows 10 PC. If there's a different dialog I don't see it. (FWIW, there's no non-Alpha version for the Odroid.)

For Christmas I received an Odroid-C2 to replace my Raspberry PI 3. (I needed the extra oomph for some of my video files.) I installed the latest LibreELEC with no trouble and it booted up successfully. I made various changes to the configuration (location, time server, etc.) and then went to add the video files which are located on my Windows 10 machine. That's where things went south. At first the LibreELEC couldn't see my Windows machine. When I first did this on my Raspberry it asked me for the username and password, but that's not happening on the Odroid. If I try to access the files on my Windows machine, instead of asking for a username and password it just says, "Operation Not Permitted". If I have Kodi running on my Windows PC and connect via UPNP devices, it sees things just fine.

So the basic question here is, why isn't Kodi asking me for the username and password to access the shared files?

I'm a first time LibreELEC user and I've just installed 7.90.007 alpha to see how it runs on my Raspberry Pi 3. I'm not sure if this is a LibreELEC issue or if it's a Krypton issue, so I thought I'd post it here to cover my bases.

The default settings for Kodi seems to make the screen too big for my TV as the edges are beyond the screen edge. Under Jarvis (using OpenELEC) I was able to adjust the screen size to fit my TV. However, under Krypton I don't seem to be able to do this. Is this something that's no longer available or is this a feature that simply hasn't been implemented?