[BUG] S905X - BT.2020 video issue

• I was playing the file from my PC over DLNA (Universal Media Server), works fine. Your TV needs to be in Movie mode I think to automatically recognize HDR.
    Havent tested anything on USB yet.

Thanks , downloaded some sample hdr files and can see my tv detects hdr signal , looks like all my previous streams are not hdr though they claim it is in HDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Cool. Thanks to all three...On SDR TVs it looks wrong, washed-out black and compressed gamma...I'd hoped the s905x boxes would do HDR->SDR and BT2020->BT709 conversion but they don't, they just pass them out to HDMI with descriptors for the TV to take care of it...so, if you happen to aquire or start accumulating some HDR and UHD material for, say, future switch to UHD HDR display, there is no way to watch them on legacy displays now...

I use S905 and S905X boxes with SDR 8bit TV. HDR 10bit content looks better on S905 (I would say quite normal). I suppose there is just a trimming to 8 bit and no HDR to SDR conversion. But why does it look watchable?

• Which version of LE are you using? I'm still on the latest 7.xxc... I succeeded controlling HDR on/off via ssh but it's either no effect with off and light blacks with on

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk