Odroid C2 LibreElec Build

• I've been testing out the latest Odroid C2 build (LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.009) and it's looking really good! Thanks LibreElec team for making the effort to include the C2 in your list of devices.

I've tested a fair bit of x265 content and the playback has been flawless compared to other Kodi projects for the C2 (such as the ones on Hardkernels forums, I've tried quite a few releases and all have serious issues apart from this project). The menu is really slick and responsive, all up a touch quicker than OpenELEC on the Pi3.

I know this project is still in it's Alpha stages but I'd thought I'd mention the things I've found after about a few fays of use:

Some of the bigger issues:

• Trying to skip/play another x265 video whilst one is already playing in the background freezes kodi (i.e. you've pressed back to go back the menu and selected another video). It's not an intermittent thing, pretty much happens with all my content.
    • Adding content to the library seems to slow Kodi down to a halt when navigating through folders. I've got 10000's of videos and I left it overnight to check the TVDB and the next day Kodi was unusable (and even crashed a few times). I tested this twice so it's not a one off thing and should be easily repeatable.
    • Playing x265 content with errors in it (i.e. there's a block of data missing somewhere in the middle of the video) will crash Kodi. I know it's bad to try and play corrupted videos but sometimes you just don't know before you play them.

Some of the smaller issues (not really issues at all):

• The old Synology Diskstation samba trick of adding a source using "SMB://USERNAME:PASSWORD@SERVERNAMEORIP/SHARE" doesn't work anymore. Not a huge issue as you can just enable NFS instead (although I hate enabling NFS on the Diskstation).
    • I haven't worked out how to change the timezone yet. Kudos on getting the time to automatically sync to a NTP server, that's already better than OpenELEC on the Pi3!
    • The wrapper is very slow at rebooting Kodi when it's crashed (like 5-10mins sometimes). I assume this is to do with kodi being run inside GDB? Probably not an issue as this is an Alpha build (and you want GDB to test issues that may occur).

All up though, LibreElec is looking really good! I'm more than happy with the latest Alpha build for everyday use, you just have to avoid doing a few things that cause Kodi to crash which is fine (and expected from an Alpha build).

Edited once, last by ALM865 (December 21, 2016 at 1:00 AM).

• I am running alpha 7.90.010 (latest atm) and have issues with LE saving channel groups, and at startup it doesn't load my channels from pvr iptv simple client. I have to disable and re-enable pvr simple client after every reboot. Those are my only issues with it. Everything else works perfect for me.

Edited once, last by TKore (December 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM).

• I am running alpha 7.90.010 (latest atm) and have issues with LE saving channel groups, and at startup it doesn't load my channels from pvr iptv simple client. I have to disable and re-enable pvr simple client after every reboot. Those are my only issues with it. Everything else works perfect for me (only use exodus and pvr iptv simple client)

TKore

Mentioning illegal addons/repositories in any form like Exodus wil simply get your topics/posts deleted. So consider it a first and final warning.