WeTek Hub Ethernet Instability

• This is a companion post to this thread on the WeTek forum.

There appears to be an issue with the ethernet interface under libreELEC running on the WeTek Hub where it will continually cycle between UP and DOWN states every few seconds. During this process it will never establish a connection to the router. I am experiencing the problem under v7.90.009, some identified behaviours:

- It does not appear to be related to comms - the Hub thinks the interface is UP/DOWN irrespective of whether it is trying to connect
    - There appears to be no combination of connection settings that help (e.g. DHCP/manual etc)
    - The interface does appear (on the basis of the GUI connection list) to be stable when the Hub is in sleep(?) mode (interface is dimmed). Waking it up results in the same constant cycle of eth0 going UP/DOWN every few seconds.
    - Strangely it seems to be specific to certain router software - I have experienced it under DD-WRT and Lede (openWRT).

I'm guessing this is some strange incompatibility between libreELEC and the router software (other users in that post report the issue but never reported their router configs).

The issue does not appear with:

- The same router running OEM software (in my case Linksys)
    - Different routers (tested Airport and generic xDSL hub)
    - The same WeTek Hub running Android.

Happy to supply any logs that might point someone in the right direction - at the moment I can see nothing on the router side, and kernel logs on the Hub side seem only to report the state of the eth0 interface changing without any error messages.