Just enough for Kodi but KODI needs games

• I have been very happy with Libreelec (Millhouse) but the one thing I would love is games (MineCraft) not for me but my kids. I have switched out my frontends on their computers to Pis for powersaving and fan noise. Overall they are happy except they miss their MineCraft. I have seen examples of Minecraft full install running on Raspbain but I don't have the knowledge to add a Game option on the skin (any skin although I have a preferance for Confluence since it is time tested) and don't mind paying for the Full version of MineCraft. If someone is patient and willing to help me through the process, that would be great. If not, feel free to move this to feature request. I am planning to post this on the Kodi forum also so I hope it isn't considered cross-posting

• Dual Booting is what you are after currently with Kodi +Emulation Station
    Note: there will be Retroplayer that will be part of Kodi in the future Kodi Community Forum - RetroPlayer
    But there is no set timeline for this to be integrated as there is a lot of development work going on.
    Screenshots and much more information is at RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Krypton)

Here on forum.libreelec.tv there is an unofficial LE8 + Emulationstation community build (Generic/RPi)LibreELEC
    with links to the image file.

Minecraft will work with Emulationstation on a raspberry pi easily see
    Running Minecraft on Raspberry Pi with EmulationStation - YouTube

• Emulationstation is simply a frontend to launch external emulators, it does not itself provide a Minecraft version and it's not included in my build. For Generic, there is a Craft libretro core which you can launch through RetroArch. It crashed on launch when I tested on RPi so I think you might be out of luck for the moment.