Going crazy. Set content doesn't do anything...

• Hi guys,

New here and new to LibreELEC.

I have an issue where "Set content" (so it adds series or movies to the Kodi library) doesn't do anything. I have now spend several hours on this and really getting fed up with it to be honest.

Here is my situation;
    I have two Intel NUC's. One is located in the living room and one is located in our bedroom. Both were running on OpenELEC and decided it was time to update the BIOS (was running an old version) and wanted to give LibreELEC a go to see what's different. Anyways; I decided to update the Intel NUC in the bedroom first and didn't think it would be a lot of work (this was almost 6 hours ago now).

Anyways; flashing the BIOS was speedy. Next I ran gparted and cleaned the whole SSD in the Intel NUC. Next I installed LibreELEC from USB. This didn't go fast, but apparently the USB stick wasn't very reliable. In the end I got LibreELEC installed by using a different USB stick.

First I downloaded "Aeon Nox" skin, since I have been using that for ages (and feeling comfortable with it). And several other addons (subtitle addons, retrospect, not much else).
    Next I removed the unused items from the main scrolling menu (like pictures, music, etc.).

I still had a copy of my advancedsettings.xml, which has entries for my Synology MariaDB. I am using this because I have two Intel NUC (with Kodi) and they share the same single library (so it remembers what I have watched and where to resume a movei/serie). The advancedsettings.xml had only settings in regards to the MariaDB library. So I copied it back over to the correct directory.

Obviously my movies, series, etc. are also located on my Synology NAS. They are NFS shares and correctly setup and accessable.

Now as for the problem. I cannot add movies / series to my library whatever I do. I go to the NFS share which has (for example) my movies. Add that, but nothing happens. Also set content doesn't do a thing. Nothing is added. It keeps showing "Files, Playlists and Video Addons". Also on a reboot it doesn't update the library at all.

This is driving me nuts. Especially considering everything was working without issues on OpenELEC. I don't blame LibreELEC and probably I am doing something wrong here, but I have no clue what or how to solve it. Been at it for hours now.......

The "funny" thing is. Is that the Intel NUC in the living room (with OpenELEC) is still working without issues at all.

Any ideas? Please? Thank you!

//update

Some more information.
    The Intel NUC in the living room has OpenELEC installation and is running Kodi 15.2
    The Intel NUC in the bedroom has (now) LibreELEC installation and is running Kodi 16.1
    [hr]
    Pfffffffffffffffffffffft.... Should have enabled the wait for network option.
    Now it's scanning at least.

I did clone MyVideos93 (original one from Kodi 15.2) to MyVideos99.
    Should I delete the clone?

Edited once, last by HHawk (May 14, 2016 at 3:56 PM).

• I'm confused as to what exactly you've done here.

If you have an existing mysql setup then all you have to do on the new install is to add the advancedsettings.xml with the database settings and restart.
    Content is already set - in the database. When you start kodi for the first time using the advancedsettings.xml it will upgrade the existing database if required (as in your case) - which might take a while.

I find I need the 'wait for network' checked, or otherwise kodi will try and fail to connect to the database before it's connected.

Edited once, last by trogggy (May 14, 2016 at 4:12 PM).

• I had the exact same issue. After spend about four hours, I came to this post and followed the trogggy's instructions.

1) reinstall Libreelec
    2) ssh remotely into the libreelec
    3) create nano ~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml (copy and paste from the existing other libreelec htpc)
    4) go to settings -> and make sure to enable wait for network before starting kodi.
    5) reboot libreelec

it worked!

Edited once, last by ranjith (March 26, 2017 at 2:43 AM).