RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Strange. Manually creating the log works fine. Still no luck through Kodi.

Code
    ##############################################
    #                 LibreELEC                  #
    #            http://libreelec.tv             #
    ##############################################

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20170627
    LibreELEC git: a88207b1fb4153cbf9448b59d1553d93400a285a
    LibreELEC:~ # createlog
    LibreELEC:~ # bluetoothctl
    Waiting to connect to bluetoothd...

This just hangs and wont connect.

• No, I cut the nvidia-legacy driver from the latest build as it crossed 512MB and thus won't fit on a standard LE /flash. I'll have a look if there's something that can be slimmed down.

Do you keep latest version with ION support? Or is it possible for you to make a build with legacy support and remove some emulators like dolphin as ION can't emulate Wii

• Can you check output of systemctl status bluetooth? Also try to run /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd manually.

Code
    ● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; disabled; vendor p
    reset: disabled)
       Active: inactive (dead)

Trying to run bluetoothd manually results in system lockup.

systemctl start bluetooth seems to start it.

However I still can't connect any devices and the adapter still can't be found in Kodi.

• And bluetoothctl after startup of the daemon? You did activate bluetooth in LibreELEC settings right? Not doing so would result in the daemon not starting.

meldrak

Latest has legacy drivers. I'll keep them for now, but they will get cut sooner or later then you'll need to build yourself. I simply do not care for decade old hardware that I don't even have.

• Then I've no clue as to what's the problem. There's no relevant commits since the working build from june 15. There's updated busybox and kernel, both which were reversed in the test builds without success. Might be due to my build system being a rolling distribution, so updated packages there could cause unforeseen issues with packages due to the nature of LE's toolchain. I'll do a build on my older build system some time this weekend to see if that solves it.

Poking around with bluetoothd (perhaps using strace or adding debugging) might give some clues.

• Then I've no clue as to what's the problem. There's no relevant commits since the working build from june 15. There's updated busybox and kernel, both which were reversed in the test builds without success. Might be due to my build system being a rolling distribution, so updated packages there could cause unforeseen issues with packages due to the nature of LE's toolchain. I'll do a build on my older build system some time this weekend to see if that solves it.

Poking around with bluetoothd (perhaps using strace or adding debugging) might give some clues.

No worries, i'll have another look over the weekend and see if I can find anything.

Let me know when you have anymore builds to test.

Cheers

• Just a bit more info, just tried with a bluetooth dongle and have no problems at all with bluetoothd recognising and connecting to this.

Definitely seems to be a problem recognising the internal adapter.

• Dear all,

I don't know if this subject has already been adressed :

I would like to use an external bluray player ... and so... watch movies thanks to this.

Many other release cannot work due to the encryption. But.. as I saw this release has a Blu-ray playback feature... my question is : How does it really work ?

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 and I have already installed Makemkv add-on

Many thanks in advance for your help