RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I compiled it for my build but still no success. I added a patch to fix RPi2 build: undefined symbol: ngen_FailedToFindBlock · Issue #65 · libretro/reicast-emulator · GitHub

But still:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have you been able to run the core & load a game?

• I'll give it a try later. Currently I'm struggling to build ES-retropie, to be specific the vlc dependency, for RPi since the lua package is missing. Is this still a thing for RPi projects? The lua package was removed years ago remove package: 'lua', moving to unofficial · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@b62af51 · GitHub

Scraper works fine -> also for FB-alpha!

UPDATE:

I removed the lua stuff and it builds fine for RPi.

Edited 3 times, last by 5schatten (July 24, 2018 at 7:09 PM).

• thx I'll give it a try :)`

Update escalade

Works for me either with or without lua on RPi so your build should be fine too. So what's the deal about the video previews? I know someone asked for it in the past but is it worth the hassle?

You ditched Dolphin in favor of libretro-Dolphin -> does RA automatically map wiimotes then? I've tested it with Mario Kart DoubleDash but have no clue how to proper set up inputs for wii.

Edited 4 times, last by 5schatten (July 25, 2018 at 9:56 AM).

• I've got some cool news to report. Although the SDL2 kms video driver is nothing new, I've had mixed results trying it before. I'm happy to report that it now works great! As RetroArch support KMS directly, and every standalone emulator in this build uses SDL2, we can now run everything under KMS. We could actually stop the X server while playing games, but I use it for switching refresh rates through xrandr. The additional standalone emulators that now runs in KMS are VICE C64, FS-UAE and Dosbox. Haven't done any measurements but it definitely feels like FS-UAE has better input lag (although it wasn't bad before).

I've uploaded a new avx build that has these improvements. It also uses the recently updated Dolphin libretro core instead of the standalone emulator (change your es_systems.cfg if upgrading). No more X (except for PCSX2) :)

so many updates since I came here !!!

no more original dolphin .... so that's great .... or not

I can't use my real wiimotes with the libretro core and for me dophin perform better than libretro

I did not manage to get it working with vulkan where dophin does

It would be great to keep both emulator, libretro version for gamecube and dophin for wii

thanks

• I will switch back to original Dolphin it does perform better than the libretro core. I use a DS4 and it auto configured no idea about original wiimote.

Check out these commits & you should be able to build the latest Dolphin with QT support.

liberation-fonts-ttf: create symlink to /usr/lib/fonts for qt-everywhere · thinksupervised/LibreELEC.tv@9bcd908 · GitHub

LibreELEC.tv/packages/5schatten/depends/pcre2 at libreelec-9.0-rr · thinksupervised/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

LibreELEC.tv/packages/5schatten/depends/qt-everywhere at libreelec-9.0-rr · thinksupervised/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

About your recent KMS updates. You basically exported the KMS stuff to a kms_on/off function and call it if needed even when you're not using a libretro core? But what about the 50Hz stuff located in retroarch.start? Doesn't this interferre with NTSC games? Well personally I would'nt mind that because I'm a european and rely on PAL stuff but what about the rest of the world? Afaik NTSC games won't run perfect at 50Hz?

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (July 29, 2018 at 11:20 AM).

• I use KMS for libretro cores and SDL2 emulators.

I’m currently on the last Dolphin commit before the switch to Qt. Don’t see any pressing need to make the switch as it would increase size and compile time. Is the Qt version feature complete yet?

In case you missed it, 50Hz/PAL mode is only used if the variable REFRESH is set. That way you could use it for specific cores through es_systems.cfg. Should not be used for NTSC systems of course.

• As far as I can tell it is complete otherwise it wouldn't make sense to remove the WX gui. They vastly improved it in the last months and since some commit has broken the game list in WX for me last year and it's finally working again with the QT gui so I'm glad to have it. Anyway considering the size & compile time of a MAME2016 core I wouldn't really care about QT :D

Yep I missed it or well let's say I thought it refers to some X11 or Kodi stuff :) But I'm still having problems with this script because CEA 31 sets refresh rate & resolution. My RPi is connected to a HD ready display so I would need CEA 19 (720p@50Hz) instead. Forcing resolution & refresh rates leaves me with a blank screen in this case. I experienced the same with the uae4arm script at first.

Thx for the hint about the core specific config -> I will check this out.

Edited 3 times, last by 5schatten (July 30, 2018 at 11:01 AM).

• It certainly was incomplete and it did make sense to remove wx as you could see in the PR the reason to remove it was because nobody cared to work on wx any more. Rome wasn’t built in a day, this is called development ;) Maybe it’s good enough or even better, I will switch once it’s matured a bit.

I suppose you could extend the script with functionality to work around that or upgrade your tv its 2018 😆

• Well about 80% of Dolphin users already use the QT client (Remove DolphinWX by spycrab · Pull Request #6819 · dolphin-emu/dolphin · GitHub) so I guess even if it was incomplete it isn't anymore or at least nothing critical is missing. Since it's not optional anymore but the default it's probably mature enough ;)

I already did. Well I'm not the greatest script magician so maybe you've got a better way to set it up:

LibreELEC.tv/amiberry.start at libreelec-9.0-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I've got 5 TV's in the house and well IMHO there's no benefit in upgrading a TV in the kitchen or guestroom for a PI. It can't handle 4K stuff anyway and most retro games run fine at lower resolution ;) At least my nephew's never complaint. So setting the resolution without checking if it's supported is not something I would do ;)

• escalade

Have you been able to compile makemkv 1.12.3 with GCC 8.2? It fails & tells me "C++ compiler not installed on this system"

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (August 3, 2018 at 10:43 AM).

• Hello, I have one problem with emulationstation does not get information about games and covers I do not know how to configure it. I have followed the information in the first post and unfortunately nothing works.

• 5schatten

Haven't tried, just back from holiday and don't have a built toolchain atm but will give it a shot later.

lukasz1982

Look at /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf, I used to have --ignore-gamelist as a default argument. In retrospect that wasn't a bright idea :)

• 5schatten

Haven't tried, just back from holiday and don't have a built toolchain atm but will give it a shot later.

lukasz1982

Look at /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf, I used to have --ignore-gamelist as a default argument. In retrospect that wasn't a bright idea :)

Welcome back & I hope you've had a nice holiday!

Looks like my gcc error turned out as some weird ccache quirk and after a distclean it worked fine for me.

• Ive recently installed for the first time using this video as a guide:

SpaceInvaderOne's video guide for LE8Remix

I am running as a VM in UnRaid with the following specs: 8cores @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti

LibreELEC runs great... I was able to install my personal wizard.zip and install my personal build. Media playback from local library as well as third party add-ons all working as expected.

I was able to locate the .sh's in /storage/usr/bin/ to set custom shortcuts in my skin to launch ES, RA,Chrome, Spotify using:

XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/*.sh)

However, I am experiencing a few issues which I hope can be resolved:

Spotify: loads fine and I am able to login. When I attempt to play a song or a playlist, no songs will play. I can login on other devices in my home and play content fine. But in LE8REMIX, skips through a playlist and reports that each song is unavailable. No songs will play. Has anyone experienced this? And is there a workaround?

Also, Emulation station launches fine. I am able to cycle through systems and see my games. I have also placed the bios files in the /roms/bios directory. Am able to play games that appear to be using RetroArch. However, Wii and GC games will attempt to launch Dolphin, and Dolphin will immediately close.

I went back into Kodi(will take me some time to get used to calling it OibreELEC ;) ) and set a custom shortcut to launch dolphin by itself. Which works, it opens and doesn't not immediately close like when launched via selecting a game via ES. However, when attempting to play a GC or Wii game from within Dolphin, it tells me I'm using the wxWidget version of dolphin, which will soon lose support, and asks why I am not using the QT version. When clicking okay, Dolphin closes and I am sent back to LE.

I do not know why ? I did think that the Dolphin version in use had been updated to the QT already? Regardless... I am unable to play any games through Dolphin.

Perhaps I am missing some configuration? Or need to enable/disable some default settings?

I think this project is awesome and would love to be able to enjoy it as my daily driver. LibreELEC, as well as migrate my retro gaming collection over to the same distro for seamless transition between Retro Gaming, Music, Web browsing, and of course Movies and Television Shows & Live TV.

Please advise on how to successfully initiate a gameplay via Dolphin.

I am new to all of this, so not sure which logs to obtain in order to help in h lping me, but I can certainly obtain them with a little instruction.

I did read through the pages here as well as on the LE9 thread to try and find a solution but did not see anybody reporting similar issues.

Please and thank you in advance :)

• As for launching apps, try using XBMC.RunScript which is what I switched to as XBMC.System.Exec was causing problems (don't recall the details right now).

Check your es_systems.cfg and verify that the command to run Dolphin is correct, I might have forgotten to change it back after switching to Dolphin standalone again.

If you simply read the first post, which you already should have done, the instructions on how to get the logs are provided there.