RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• gwilly7

Try the 20180221 avx build, I've enabled AMD drivers in it.

Thank you very much, I will give it a try.

MIght have another issue though. So far with Windows users have been able to get full 4k@60 on all of the motherboards that are only listed as having HDMI 1.4 since the processor itself seems to control the port, but in this article it says that the Linux kernel looks to a bios table instead, so Linux users will need a modified kernel to get HDMI 2.0 on the same boards. Interesting read.

AMD's Raven Ridge Botchy Linux Support Appears Worse With Some Motherboards/BIOS - Phoronix Forums

• Gave the build a try and no luck, I just boot to a green screen. I do see the libreelec logo before it fully boots though. Thank you very much for adding the AMD drivers in to try for me, it is greatly appreciated. I have included a link to my logs in case you wanted to take a look at them.

log-2018-02-21-21.50.42.zip - Google Drive

I have an AMD Ryzen 2400g processor

ASUS B350M-E motherboard newest bios 3803

sandisk ssd

Dennon X2300w Receiver

Vizio P65-C1 tv.

• Hi, I use with NVDIA card and two TV, I configure to use clon TV, adding this on xorg.conf

Option "TwinViewOrientation" "clone"

Option "DynamicTwinView" "true"

and change the resolution with:

Code
    xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --mode 1280x720 --output HDMI-0 --mode 1280x720 --same-as DVI-I-1

but how Can I set primary monitor HDMI and not DVI?? The problem is when launch RetroArch, only show on primary TV, EmuleSation on two TV, but RA only in main.

Thanks

• BlaBla1973

Sure it's possible but I don't have an nvidia card. The avx build is meant for my NUC and as such is compiled with specific CPU optimizations and without anything other than Intel drivers. This enables to me use the latest kernel without worrying about out-of-tree drivers.

gwilly7

Maybe you also need to force the "modesetting" Xorg driver. Search the forum for guides on how to create your own xorg.conf to set the driver.

• escalade

About the AVX patches -> you've included all of them or just cherry picked some for your nuc?

GitHub - clearlinux-pkgs/linux

Btw the new spotify starting scripts work fine. As far as i understand you changed to systemd for executing the script instead of directly use kodi for this purpose?

Anyone got a clue how to close the "about" window of dolphin? The windows version features a "cross" that allows me to close the screen but it's missing in the linux build.

• All of them is included in glibc 2.27 which is what I’m using.

As for the scripts, I always launched through systemd. Previously I had Kodi run shell scripts which in turn started the frontends through systemd-run. Now I do the same just python instead.

• Hey, escalade,

I'm trying to build yours nfs-util package within my LE build for Odroid C1+, but I'm getting the following errors:

Code
    error: redefinition of 'struct in6_addr' struct in6_addr {        ^~~~~~~~

and others

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do you have an Idea how to fix them?

I guess something wrong with kernel ( I have to use 3.10 version from Hardkernel ) but can't figure out the issue. My kernel config is here: LibreELEC.tv/linux.arm.conf at Odroid_C1 · steals/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Thanks for suggestions.

• Can you bump the dolphin version? The "wii system menu" isn't working after you leave a game and just stays black.

This happens in the dolphin builds in your last two builds:

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20180226.tar avx

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20180218.tar generic

but dolphin build e137ff... in

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20180212.img.gz works fine. The latest dolphin version git b289be4 / 5.0-6384 also.

Edited 3 times, last by 5schatten (February 27, 2018 at 5:07 PM).

• escalade

Dolphin doesn't start, screen flickers and ES comes up again. I've startet dolphin per shh and I got this output:

>phoenix:~ # dolphin-emu

>dolphin-emu: error while loading shared libraries: libLLVM-5.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My test build works and starts dolphin per command line.

BTW:

Is it possible to fix this missing lib problem permanent? Or is this something the TVheadend devs have to deal with?

LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify PROVIDE LOGS IF PROBLEMS

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (February 27, 2018 at 11:27 PM).

• A fixed Dolphin build has been uploaded.

As for the tvheadend issue, that's something you have to deal with, there is no bug. The LE addons are linked against certain versions of certain libraries. I've upgraded libva which tvheadend depends on. Ideally the addon should be rebuilt against the new library. In this regard my community build breaks compatibility with LE 8.2.

I had a go at compiling tvheadend but it has a sh1t-ton of dependencies and tons of them are broken due to updated software in my tree. It's just not worth it as long as a symlink does the job.

You could also run tvheadend through Docker, which might be a better idea with regards to getting an up to date version of it.

• escalade

I've tried to compile your build after the bump of xfsprogs to 4.15.1 but it fails on my Linux Mint VM while Arch works fine. When I copy the source to another directory & it compiles fine so I guess all dependencies are installed. The older version 4.14. also compiles without errors. Is there a way to disable scrub? Package.mk looks like it isn't needed at all?

Maybe you have a hint for me? The scrub program fails:

gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target '-lrt', needed by 'xfs_scrub'. Stop.

gmake[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

[CC] xfs_scrub.o

gmake[1]: *** [include/buildrules:35: scrub] Error 2

gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Full output:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.