RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• You don't need to modify the joypad_autoconfig_dir, reason being that /tmp/autoconfig is an overlay of both /usr/share/retroarch/autoconfig (system autoconfig files) and /storage/.config/retroarch/autoconfig (user defined).

yes but I don't know why it doesn't load my config file, or it seems to prefer loading from /usr/share a profile that match my controller but finally is not working

• I can not get psx, ps2, and psp to work. I tried everything. it would be great if you can show how to do that or point me in the right direction or even let me know if it can be done. What type of files for roms? Do I need a Bios and where do I put them? Do I need to do anything in the PCSX2 folder? I already tried putting bios files in the /roms/bios folder. I have no idea where to trouble shoot for this build. Thank you

What experience do you have using Retroarch ? I think PSX and PSP in this build use Retroarch cores to load the roms. If thats the case then load the psx core via Retroarch and enter core information via the retroarch menu. It will show what bios files are needed and rom extension to run games.

• 20171109:

• 20171109:

Hi I am having problems with PVR TvHeadend with this update. It was working well with your previous build.

• What experience do you have using Retroarch ? I think PSX and PSP in this build use Retroarch cores to load the roms. If thats the case then load the psx core via Retroarch and enter core information via the retroarch menu. It will show what bios files are needed and rom extension to run games.

Thank you, I went into retroarch and was able to select 2 available cores for psx. None of them worked, but i was able to download pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so and it worked. Graphics are a bit harsh though. Default core that ES points to is mednafen_psx_libretro.so. So I switched it in es_system.cfg file. What rom files does the default core run? As you said "It will show what bios files are needed and rom extension to run games". Where? When I went to load a file it did recommend a core for it. was that what you meant?

• Thank you, I went into retroarch and was able to select 2 available cores for psx. None of them worked, but i was able to download pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so and it worked. Graphics are a bit harsh though. Default core that ES points to is mednafen_psx_libretro.so. So I switched it in es_system.cfg file. What rom files does the default core run? As you said "It will show what bios files are needed and rom extension to run games". Where? When I went to load a file it did recommend a core for it. was that what you meant?

Load the core and the scroll down to information in the menu. Select core information.

• Load the core and the scroll down to information in the menu. Select core information.

Ok great! I will do that. Any Idea how I can troubleshoot PCSX2 for ps2? I have iso files. As far as I know from what I have read, iso is the correct rom file for PCSX2. es_systems.cfg points to> /usr/bin/pcsx2.start. Do I need to install PCSX2 from a repository via ssh at a command promt? or is it already installed? I do not want to mess anything up. Thank you so much.

• Is dosbox still working in the latest builds as i can't get it to run?

• Just noticed this port of LE. I am a long-time LE user on RPi and also use Retropie on a second RPi.

If I read this correctly, this may allow to integrate Emulationstation into Kodi (and some more good things).

A few questions before I give it a shot:

1) Are there any features of Emulationstation that are not supported with LE8 Remix? E.g., support of multiple bluetooth controllers for multi-person gaming? Moonlight support of Emulationstation?

2) How do updates work?

3) How often do I need to configure the controllers (Kodi, Emulationstation, Moonlight, etc.)? I have two Xbox One S controllers.

4) What are the audio issues mentioned in this thread?

5) What is the advantage compared to Retropie (which also has a Kodi module) or Retroarch implementation within Kodi 18?

• steve1977

1. Emulationstation is just a GUI to run ROMs with the correct emulator. It has nothing to do with controller support in games. Moonlight is an nvidia game stream service, has nothing to do with ES either.

2. Works same as other LibreELEC updates.

3. Once for every application that doesn't auto detect it.

4. You'll need to be more specific. I don't have any audio issues, do you?

5. RetroPie is based on Raspbian, this is based on LibreELEC. Once you learn about LibreELEC, you'll understand the advantages. If you have Intel hardware, DRM/KMS mode in RetroArch is much better performing regarding input lag. The integrated RetroPlayer in Kodi won't be as good until Kodi runs on Wayland. Personally, I don't see RetroPlayer going anywhere. This build stops Kodi completely when running emulators to free up memory and increase performance.

I've uploaded new builds, kernel updated to 4.14.

• I need to load a custom seccomp profile using --security-opt in the docker run command for a container. For this to work it says here that the kernel needs to have CONFIG_SECCOMP enabled and Docker needs to be built with seccomp. I don't know about the kernel, but I think the current Docker addon isn't built with seccomp because I get this error :

Code
    docker: Error response from daemon: linux seccomp: seccomp profiles are not supported on this daemon, you cannot specify a custom seccomp profile.

Would it be possible to enable seccomp for the Docker addon?

escalade - did you see the above request I made last week? Can it be done?

• Yes I know, but I don't have a system to build on. And then I would have to build every new version :s

Btw. 171113 version has same problem with Tvheadend service as 171109 had. The service doesn't start.

• I update to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171113 from LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171109 (?)

I get a black screen after the update.

There is nothing in the log, downgrade to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171109 no problems..

emulationstation: add n3ds

thx :)

There is no folder for n3ds?

Do I need docker for n3ds?

Edited 2 times, last by BlaBla1973 (November 14, 2017 at 7:36 AM).