SNMPD

• I honestly don't know much anything about net-snmp. I don't own any snmp devices to test with, but If you could take the time to look into Net-SNMP Wiki and let me know what config options you need to be able to modify and in what way I could add way to change those option through the addons gui config tab. I didn't have a whole ton of time right now to look into it myself.

Edited once, last by lsellens (March 27, 2017 at 8:41 PM).

• Hello,

Where could we configure the options? I don't care to do it by command line.

The basic settings will be:

• community

Advanced settings will be SNMP version and user/pass if we select SNMPv3.

Kind regards.

• Hello,

Where could we configure the options? I don't care to do it by command line.

The basic settings will be:

• community

Advanced settings will be SNMP version and user/pass if we select SNMPv3.

Kind regards.

This is the current config as supplied by the original addon.
    snmpd.conf

The syslocation and syscontact is obviously the config option you want modifiable when you said location and contact. Could you be more specific what needs to be changed when you say community? Also how are the snmp version options supplied?
    I'm writing a script to modify these options from the addons settings, so in other words it will not be command line editing.
    if you want to test what I've done so far
    service.net-snmp-8.1.101~beta1.zip
    this will only run on a generic x86_64 build

Edited once, last by lsellens (March 29, 2017 at 4:28 PM).

• Great!

In the configuration the community is set to "libreelec", it is well this way. And the SNMP verdion is set to version 2c.

It will be OK to add settings for location and contact.

I will try your build later.

Regards.

• Great!

In the configuration the community is set to "libreelec", it is well this way. And the SNMP verdion is set to version 2c.

It will be OK to add settings for location and contact.

I will try your build later.

Regards.

Did you get a chance to look at it? I took a look at the man pages for the config and v3 is configured very different then v1 and v2c. If you guys want a working addon then please supply me with the specifics for the config and do some testing. This addon is of zero use to me so if it's not useful to anyone else then I'm completely wasting my time.

Here is the most current version to be tested.
    service.net-snmp-8.1.101~beta4.zip
    It's limited to adding only 1 user which is rw and md5 des on v3
    the actual config file I need feedback on is stored here
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.net-snmp/share/snmpd/snmpd.conf
    I don't expect v3 authentication is currently working the way I wrote the gui configs. Need to know what needs to change in order to have a working config.
    Thanks

• Great!

I test it and it works:

Could you build the addon to other architectures? Amlogic?

Best regards.

• Great!

I test it and it works:

Could you build the addon to other architectures? Amlogic?

Best regards.

Did you test v3 or authentication?

• Hello,

I installed it, and I have CPU temp:

Code
    # sensors 
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:       +60.0 C  (crit = +125.0 C)
    Core 1:       +61.0 C  (crit = +125.0 C)

But it is not integrate with SNMPD, there is no temp info in the snmpwalk:

I will investigate it.

Regards.

• Hello,

I installed it, and I have CPU temp:

Code
    # sensors 
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:       +60.0 C  (crit = +125.0 C)
    Core 1:       +61.0 C  (crit = +125.0 C)

But it is not integrate with SNMPD, there is no temp info in the snmpwalk:

I will investigate it.

Regards.

A lot of the scripts that tie it to other services are written in perl. Unfortunately Libreleec doesn't have perl so you might be out of luck, but check the snmp wiki to make sure before giving up. If perl isn't required let me know and I'll try to look into it.

• snmp is working, installed today the addon, but it gives me totally no valueable information (yet)
    no eth0, no memory, no disk .. so it seems some basic features are not enabled or not available (dunno why yet)

for temperature and other stuff the basic /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp commands could be used

see also here
    Monitoring with the Raspberry Pi

I tried to use the pass function with the snmpwalk on my observium instance but no further info was passed to snmpwalk

unfortunately the addon also does not have snmpget to see if things could work fine.

if there is any progress I would like to test ;)

also it seems that some mibs you want to use (CPU, Memory etc) are missing from the configured folder

net-snmp-config --default-mibdirs
    /storage/.snmp/mibs:/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.net-snmp/share/snmp/mibs

there is no ../share/snmp/mibs folder

Edited once, last by aroundmyroom (April 30, 2017 at 10:23 AM).

• Hi guys,

Did someone find out how to get: cpu, memory, disk, load, interface traffic info ?

I installed the net-snmp package on a linux machine running CentOS with the same default config:

Code
    com2sec local default libreelec
    group localgroup v2c local
    access localgroup "" any noauth exact all all none
    view all included .1 80
    syslocation HOME
    syscontact root@localhost
    dontLogTCPWrappersConnects yes

And I get a bunch of information like 3000 lines including cpu, memory, disk, it looks like the config options are ok

With LibreELEC I have about 52 lines whit the same command:

Maybe some of the files in /mibs needs to be adapted to libreelec to get the data ?

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.net-snmp/share/snmp/mibs

AGENTX-MIB.txt RFC1155-SMI.txt

BRIDGE-MIB.txt RFC1213-MIB.txt

DISMAN-EVENT-MIB.txt RMON-MIB.txt

DISMAN-SCHEDULE-MIB.txt SCTP-MIB.txt

Net-SNMP

Thanks!

• I'm running into the same issue with no MIBs showing up on my RPi 2.

Comparing the build scripts used by LibreELEC and build script used by my Gentoo system, it doesn't appear that any mibs are actually being enabled during the configuration phase. The gentoo ebuild includes the following line when calling ./configure: --with-mib-modules="host ucd-snmp/dlmod ucd-snmp/diskio ucd-snmp/extensible mibII/mta_sendmail etherlike-mib/dot3StatsTable ucd-snmp/lmsensorsMib"

• I'm running into the same issue with no MIBs showing up on my RPi 2.

Comparing the build scripts used by LibreELEC and build script used by my Gentoo system, it doesn't appear that any mibs are actually being enabled during the configuration phase. The gentoo ebuild includes the following line when calling ./configure: --with-mib-modules="host ucd-snmp/dlmod ucd-snmp/diskio ucd-snmp/extensible mibII/mta_sendmail etherlike-mib/dot3StatsTable ucd-snmp/lmsensorsMib"

Great!

Could we add a change in github?

Kind regards.