Bluetooth laptop hotkey

• Hi Sir/s,

Good day,

I repurpose my old acer 4743 laptop into a media center with libreelec installed. however im having a hard time figuring out how to enable the bluetooth without pressing the hotkey fn+f3 on the keyboard after boot. "bluetooth is disabled" message is displayed in the bluetooth properties. i believe the wifi and bluetooth is on a single chip but the wifi is turned on by default but not bluetooth. is there a way to enable the built in bluetooth upon boot without pressing any hotkeys on the keyboard so that my bt gamepad controller can connect automatically. like adding a script in autostart.sh or something? thanks

Edited once, last by Klojum (December 12, 2016 at 6:15 PM).

• You have to enable Bluetooth first.

In Kodi. LibreElec configuration -> Services -> Enable Bluetooth

Hi Sir,

thanks for your reply, but i already enabled bluetooth and in the services menu and was able to use my controller normally. However, when I restart the system i need to press fn + f3 on the keyboard to be able to use bluetooth again. Is there a way to enable bluetooth upon boot without pressing any hotkeys on the keyboard? Bluetoothctl is not displaying my paired controller when i dont switch on the bluetooth by fn + f3 even if the b!uetooth is enable in the services menu. Thank you

• Hi Sir/s,

Good day,

Just an update, tried to install kodibuntu and Mint on the said system and bluetooth was turned on automatically every boot without pressing any hotkeys on the keyboard. And was hoping i could accomplish this in libreelec since i like this so much because of its tiny footprint on my system. Any other suggestions? TIA and more power to the community!:-)

• In LibreELEC settings->Bluetooth, when you select your device(gamepad) did you try "Trust and Connect" ?
    If you don't see that option try clicking on your device select "Delete" it will refresh and show your device again then try "Trust and Connect".

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 7, 2017 at 2:39 AM).

• In LibreELEC settings->Bluetooth, when you select your device(gamepad) did you try "Trust and Connect" ?
    If you don't see that option try clicking on your device select "Delete" it will refresh and show your device again then try "Trust and Connect".

Hi Sir, thanks for the suggestion however im not having a problem connecting my bluetooth gamepad automatically. Instead, im having problem with the bluetooth on the laptop not switching on upon boot. I need to press fn+f3 to turn on bluetooth on the laptop.

• Hi Sir, thanks for the suggestion however im not having a problem connecting my bluetooth gamepad automatically. Instead, im having problem with the bluetooth on the laptop not switching on upon boot. I need to press fn+f3 to turn on bluetooth on the laptop.

Strange, tested now with my HTPC and a Acer laptop and when enabling Bluetooth in LibreELEC settings it does stay enabled after a system reboot.
    Bios updated to 1.20?
    What version of LibreELEC are you running?

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 7, 2017 at 11:52 PM).

• Strange, tested now with my HTPC and a Acer laptop and when enabling Bluetooth in LibreELEC settings it does stay enabled after a system reboot.
    Bios updated to 1.20?
    What version of LibreELEC are you running?

Hi Sir, i started with OE 7.0.0 to the current stable LE 7.0.3. thanks!

• Can you make a backup and update to 7.95.2 to see if the problem persist?

Hi Sir, Just installed 7.95.2 (krypton) on my spare flash drive earlier but problem still persist. i'll try to install LE on its hard drive tomorrow, since i removed the HD from the laptop to minimize the heat/noise and been running LE from an SD card ever since while all my media are on a shared NAS :) thanks for your prompt reply and i'll keep you updated. :)