Raspberry 2: red screen during screen refresh

• Hi,
    I recently upgraded from Openelec 6.0.3 to Libreelec 7.0. The upgrade went smooth without any issues, however since the upgrade I'm having the following issue:
    When my raspberry pi 2 has been powered on for an amount of time (e.g. I watched 1 episode of a series), my screen becomes red between screen refreshes. e.g. when switching screens or when a pop-up is displayed. After a few seconds, the red blur disappears and the screen is back to normal.

After I reboot the issue is solved but the red screen issue returns after wachting a video. Of course I would like to solve this issue permanently, if possible without starting with a clean install. Any tips on how to solve this? If needed, I can provide a video of the issue.

• A video of the issue would be useful. It's not something I've heard of before.
    Also post any non-standard settings from config.txt (or just post a debug log which will contain that)

• You have turned on a debug feature "visualizedirtregions".
    See: HOW-TO:Modify dirty regions - Official Kodi Wiki

As you haven't added that to you advancedsettings.xml it was probably turned with a keyboard shortcut.
    Try control-shift-R to toggle it off.

Wow, I feel so stupid now. I never would have though that was a "feature" and not a bug. I have no idea how this got activated as I never use a keyboard on my KODI device. Maybe the switch from Openelec to Libreelec activated some settings.

I tried pressing CTRL + SHIFT + R and this seems to have done the trick! Many thanks for your quick help. I never would have figgered this out on my own :)

Edited once, last by premmen (May 16, 2016 at 7:49 AM).

• Seems like the problem comes back after a reboot. It looks like something is triggering the "visualizedirtregions" automatically. I'm going to try to clean up some old addons to see if this stops the activations.

• After a lot of testing, I finally figured out what is causing the "visualizedirtregions" to trigger. In the Keymap editor addon I have a keymap for deleting files. This always worked fine but apparently since my switch to Libreelec, pushing this button triggers the CTRL + SHIFT + R command whichs activates the "visualizedirtregions". In Openelec 6.0.3 I never had this issue. I'm going to do some further testing to see if I can define the keymap in another way.

Edit: I just found out that it is not the Delete command which is causing the issue, but the specific button that I'm pressing on my Logitech Harmony remote. I was pushing the red button, which is sending a "red" command to the Kodi device. Apprantly the red command is triggering the "visualizedirtregions" in Libreelec but not in Openelec.

Edited once, last by premmen (May 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM).