How to Map a Network drive from Windows to LibreELEC

• This is probably simple, and yes, I've search, but all I can find is how to map a network share from LE to Windows, but not the other way around. I can type my LE ip into the address bar and get to the (I believe) share folder, but I when I go My Computer>Tools>Map Network Drive...>Browse>Workgroup, I can see Libreelec, but when I select it nothing happens. FYI my LE is the Generic/x86 running on an old HP DC7800. BTW I also have a RPi3 running Recalbox/Kodi on the same network and the "Map network drive" works fine. My ultimate goal is just to have an (L:) share on 'LIBRELEC server (LibreELEC)' shortcut under My Computer from my Windows PC so I can quickly add/edit content on the LE Media PC as it has a 2TB drive. Any ideas?
    [hr]
    Ug, that L "smiley face" wasn't suppose to be there, it was suppose to L, colon, right, parenthesis. But that's what I get for skipping the Preview Post button.

Edited once, last by odellkevin (December 8, 2016 at 7:31 PM).

• quote: "...all I can find is how to map a network share from LE to Windows, but not the other way around."

I've seen the links you posted, they don't answer my question. I don't want to add a source to LE, I want to add LE as a drive.

• I'm trying my best to answer based on what I can gather from this.

I'm assuming this is the correct interpretation of the info you've put across:

1. Your X86 LE PC has a 2TB drive.
    2. You want to access that 2TB drive on your windows machine via a network share
    3. You want the Videos section of LE to access this network share

In order to do that, do the following:

1. In an explorer browser type in your ip. eg. //192.168.1.2/
    2. Right click on the Videos folder and select Map Network drive then assign a drive letter, eg. Z:
    2a. This directory should now be available in windows as Z:
    2b. Create any subdirectories you want within z: eg. Anime.
    3. To Access Anime in LE, you add this as a video source. (Add Videos > Home Folder > Videos > Anime)

There's no reason to try to access a drive stored locally on LE via the network.

Edited once, last by fTdOmen (December 9, 2016 at 4:49 AM).

• Yes. Well, basically just 1 & 2. Told you it was probably simple, and it was. Honestly, I never knew that the "Map Network Drive..." option was even on the right-click sub-menu when browsing the network, I had always just gone through " My Computer>Tools>Map Network Drive...>Browse", but for some reason that wasn't working. Oh well, I guess I learned something new. Thanks for your help.

• Yeah, I needed some help like that a few weeks ago, and I came on here and someone showed me how to edit the .conf file and hash "#" the folders I don't want and add/create the ones I do. So that worked out well. I even used my LE PC last night for something it probably wasn't even intended to do...a Linux Reader. I had some Linux files on an SD card that I needed, but obviously, Windows couldn't read it. So I plugged the SD card into my LE PC, and then networked into the LE PC from my Windows PC and accessed the SD card and there were the files I needed in a "Windows readable" view, and I was able to copy over what I needed. That's probably the long-way-around method of doing it, but it worked and I didn't have to search for, install, learn a new piece of software.
    I've only used this forum twice and both times I've been helped immediately, so thanks again.