Read-only to ready/write ?

• Hello, I'm new here, I'd like to run some tests and I'd like to know how to switch from read-only to read/write in order to run tests in the /etc file.
    I've seen that this partition is of the squashfs type, which is handicapping me quite a bit in my work. Does anyone have any clues?

Thank you

• LE boots the KERNEL file and the kernel init script mounts the squashfs SYSTEM which results in a virtual and intentionally read-only filesystem, so the /etc folder is not writeable and cannot be made writeable from within the running OS (as the file is in use).

It is technically possible to have the kernel init mount the squashfs SYSTEM file read-write; but that requires you to modify the init script embedded in the KERNEL file and that's only possible by creating your own LE image with changes (it's intentionally not configurable). Similarly you can mount the squashfs SYSTEM file read-write from another Linux device to make changes inside. It's fiddly and fine for test changes, but in the long-term maintenance updates will overwrite the changes you've made so if something must be modified over the long-term you'll need to investigate creating your own image again.

Most things that users might need to change in /etc have config or override methods from /storage/.config .. but it's not 100% of things so some changes might still require you to self-build an LE image.

TL/DR: It's probably better if you explain exactly what you want to change/edit, then we can be more specific with answers.